Home

How's the Dynasty Mode on 360?

This is a discussion on How's the Dynasty Mode on 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: How's the Dynasty Mode on 360?

While I do somewhat miss the mag covers, the fact that all the info is still there under Season Info and that the ticker at the bottom actually shows the polls, Heisman Race, etc. makes up for it.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCoz
The biggest thing missing imo is scouting. You can no longer choose to scout certain recruits before offering them a scholarship. Overall it's ok, it was really never that great to begin with. They need to look at something like College Hoops 2KX to see how to do recruiting right.
Scouting is there, it's just not easy to find. Pick the player you want to recruit and use the right stick to select his attributes. At the bottom of the screen it will have an icon for the Y button and show you how many points to scout. Just hit Y to scout the player.

I thought it was missing too until week 5 when I found it
Old 07-24-2006, 05:19 PM   #19
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Nothing special about dynasty mode but as others said, it gets the job done. I am in week eight right now and am enjoying it. I just wished the magazine was in there.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #20
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
There are athletes.

I don't miss the discipline stuff, I didn't think it was done right.

I do miss the SI covers and such. I agree, it does add to the immersion of the game.

I think recruiting is done better in the Next Gen version. Much more difficult.

Yes I am pretty sure you can still change position Dook.

I think the Dynasty mode is well done. BUt it does indeed feel dry due to the lackluster presentation as compared to current gen versions.
Quick question for you. Have you done the current gen version of recruiting or are you comparing to '06 recruiting. I should be starting a dynasty soon for xbox when the rosters are done.

It would be disheartening to hear if they didn't make recruiting tougher in '07 for current gen. Everything is so awesome right now, improved recruiting would make this the best game ever for me.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:26 AM   #21
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Is there an in-game save option on the 360?

Do 5min quarters take about the same amount of time as current gen?

With my schedule, an in-game save option would really help me keep interest in my dynasties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 07:28 AM   #22
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Sorry no in-game saves.

Yeah I do miss the magazine covers, I really really really miss the magazine covers. I just remember being so happy on the rare occasion one of my players made it onto one.

The create-a-recruit is disappointing to me just in the fact that you can't choose what equipment your player wears. It chosen randomly by the cpu, sometimes you like it, sometimes you don't.

No trophy case. I loved going into the trophy case to view my...well, my trophies. No more of that.

No end game celebrations, I want to see excitement when I beat Auburn by a last second field goal in the Iron Bowl.

No fans. In current gen if you make a big play you'll see 2-4 fans going nuts in the stands, not on the 360.

Stupid crowds. Current gen crowds are not going to pack the stadium to see UL-Monroe and Duke "duke" it out. Not only will they do it on the 360, they are going nuts the entire time and even if it's a blowout they won't leave. They really really love the game it seems.

No create a sign.

No cheerleaders.

The pageantry just seems to be gone, I don't really feel like I am playing college football with the 360, There is no discipline feature for your student athletes either. It's about as dry and barebones as you can get. Granted I still love the overall gameplay and the updtated graphics but I am sooooo disappointed with the dynasty mode. If I were you I would go with current gen, unless those snapshots really make or break the deal for you.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-25-2006, 09:07 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
While I do somewhat miss the mag covers, the fact that all the info is still there under Season Info and that the ticker at the bottom actually shows the polls, Heisman Race, etc. makes up for it.

i thought this implemented well. i usually go through the whole ticker before i start the next game. i like looking at key players from all the games/ conference p.o.t.w, injury updates, team stat leaders, etc.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

I own both(regular Xbox and 360) and at the risk of being redundant-I will say the 360 version is slightly dry compared to the regular Xbox version in dynasty mode. But that is where it ends for me. The gameplay is rich and intelligent and the momentum turns in a more realistic manner. The regular Xbox version has nice fluff but the 360 wins where it all counts-Gameplay. The player discipline thing was a bunch of crow poop anyway and I'm not missing that. For me-the 360 version is more of a "computer sim" version of the game. With realistic stats-superior graphics,and excitement galore.

Last edited by coffeeholic; 07-25-2006 at 09:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »