Home

Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360)

This is a discussion on Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 07:56 PM   #9
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbyrnes
In the case of Washington State not being able to run I would recommend increasing the ratings for the O-line. LT Bobby Byrd was a good performer last year as a SOPH. RT - Charles Harris is widely regarded as an solid possible all League selection. Both were starters last year for the 8th ranked offense that rushed for 2300 yards... 1900 for Jerome Harrison. Andy Roof should be an upgrade over Norvell Holmes at RG and Sean O'Connor started at LG last year. Only area of concern is Center where a RS FR Kenny Alfred looks to be getting the nod over a returning Senior. Nick Mihlhauser was a solid starter there last year. In comparing the OL ratings across the PAC-10 the Cougs are rated too low.

As for the pass D it all depends on the corner play.... Abdullah and Frampton are solid at Safety.

I have had the same problem running the ball in the game as you have. Woolridge is averaging 3.3 per carry for me with a long run of 11 yards....
Are you doing anything to try to bump up the running game power? Considering I am Oklahoma now, personally, I don't feel I should HAVE to bump anything up, but if UAB can squash the running game, what will Nebraska, Texas, and Texas Tech do?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:08 PM   #10
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

are you using the hard count at all? because if you just hike the ball when you get to the line the D gets used to your snap count and gets a better jump on the snap, leading to more sacks/penetration
Old 07-24-2006, 09:16 PM   #11
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Get away from videogame football and start thinking as how the game is played on the field.

Hard counts, mixing in the play action pass, running to the weakside of the defense, the quality of your o-line all play huge factors in your success.

I just played a Heisman game with Georgia and Brown had 189 yds on 25 carries.

Another game with a weaker o-line and poorer RB I might be lucky to get 30yds...

Feel your opponent out to, to see where there strength is on defense...also, does your team have a good o-line...do you have the momentum etc etc....

honestly, this is exactly what i love about this game...no 2 games are the same...good stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 09:35 PM   #12
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't think this has been brought up yet but have you been running out of an I-formation? I found almost ALL of my success comes from the I. Running on 1st and 10 from a 3 WR set has been extremely difficult for me because the CPU is anticipating run (TCU KILLED me because of this).
Old 07-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #13
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
are you using the hard count at all? because if you just hike the ball when you get to the line the D gets used to your snap count and gets a better jump on the snap, leading to more sacks/penetration
Hmm, actually, I am not sure if I even know how to do that. Care to tell me what button it is?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:38 PM   #14
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
I don't think this has been brought up yet but have you been running out of an I-formation? I found almost ALL of my success comes from the I. Running on 1st and 10 from a 3 WR set has been extremely difficult for me because the CPU is anticipating run (TCU KILLED me because of this).
I, Shotgun, Ace, tried them all but UAB was like running against the Bears or something.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #15
MVP

tshelton's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Hmm, actually, I am not sure if I even know how to do that. Care to tell me what button it is?
The right bumper does the trick.

Is it just me or does the computer jump offsides way too much when you fake snap it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #16
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
right shoulder button on 360...I notice a difference using it, because the CPU can get "Great Jumps" too with the anticipate snap aspect, so keeping them on edge can give you that extra second or two for a block to open up. I didn't know to try this until someone on here mentioned it as well, pretty cool how that can matter

I personally haven't mastered the pitch type run, but with inside/outside runs I can do fairly well...in my Michigan dynasty I'll usually get around 100 yards with Hart, more against a bad team, sometimes less if the run's concentrated on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »