Home

Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360)

This is a discussion on Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360)

Using Playmakers AA sliders, playing as Oklahoma now in a Dynasty (because Washington State can't run the ball or stop the pass) and I opened up against UAB. I figure Peterson should destroy on this game, he's ranked at a 98 overall, but he musters only 31 yards on 20 carries......THE WHOLE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The second half I even bumped up human run blocking to 85% and human RB ability to 70% and it made no difference.

Now I'm no rook, been playin' EA's college game since Bill Walsh on the Genesis and played every version since, but the blocking and movement of the RB's, versus what the defense can do, especially on the outside, just doesn't seem right. LB's should not catch Peterson from behind, especially ones that play for UAB, and Oklahoma's line should have opened Kenworth sized holes at least 7 or 8 times against a team like UAB.

Anybody got some tips? The game looks beautiful on the 360, but damn its giving me fits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Boy am I having trouble running the ball (360)

You actually have to play logically on the 360. Don't bounce a run to the outside unless it's open, and you must throw the ball. Use PA to get the defense on their heels and then run it up the gut
Old 07-24-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
You actually have to play logically on the 360. Don't bounce a run to the outside unless it's open, and you must throw the ball. Use PA to get the defense on their heels and then run it up the gut
Yeah I was playing fairly close to the vest so I was using PA when possible, mixing it up, etc, but then they started sacking me like crazy and I ended up having to shotgun the hell out of them just to stay in the game. It was like the OU line was just a paper tiger because they got manhandled, no doubt about it.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

I have found on the 360 that you must set up the run and the pass. Unless you are buldozing a much weaker team you must have a good balance....****nning draws, play action, screens etc.. A good short passing game will set up the run.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:18 PM   #5
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
I have found on the 360 that you must set up the run and the pass. Unless you are buldozing a much weaker team you must have a good balance....****nning draws, play action, screens etc.. A good short passing game will set up the run.
Yeah, like I said, I was playing fairly conservatively, but it was like they knew what I was running. SCreens were fairly succesful actually, but only because I had to get rid of the ball quick.

Let me preface my comments by saying that I don't want to beat the hell out of every team, just the opposite, I want realism. OU is a much better team than UAB, probably 25+ points better, but the way UAB played, it was like the teams were reversed, I couldn't do anything, and regardless of play style, Adrian Peterson should be a lock for 5 yds pc and a 100 yards against UAB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Well if you have the balance thing down the only thing I would recommend is slider adjustments inc. your running and decrease there def. awr, bb and tack. Give it many games too not just a couple and play close attention to momentum cause this plays a big role. Part of good realism is seeing things that aren't supposed to happen!!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #7
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
Well if you have the balance thing down the only thing I would recommend is slider adjustments inc. your running and decrease there def. awr, bb and tack. Give it many games too not just a couple and play close attention to momentum cause this plays a big role. Part of good realism is seeing things that aren't supposed to happen!!
Yeah I adjusted them, in game, pretty severely....I might bump them some more. If that doesn't work, I may have to do something I can never remember doing with this series......dropping to Varsity. I really don't wanna do that.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Yeah I adjusted them, in game, pretty severely....I might bump them some more. If that doesn't work, I may have to do something I can never remember doing with this series......dropping to Varsity. I really don't wanna do that.
In the case of Washington State not being able to run I would recommend increasing the ratings for the O-line. LT Bobby Byrd was a good performer last year as a SOPH. RT - Charles Harris is widely regarded as an solid possible all League selection. Both were starters last year for the 8th ranked offense that rushed for 2300 yards... 1900 for Jerome Harrison. Andy Roof should be an upgrade over Norvell Holmes at RG and Sean O'Connor started at LG last year. Only area of concern is Center where a RS FR Kenny Alfred looks to be getting the nod over a returning Senior. Nick Mihlhauser was a solid starter there last year. In comparing the OL ratings across the PAC-10 the Cougs are rated too low.

As for the pass D it all depends on the corner play.... Abdullah and Frampton are solid at Safety.

I have had the same problem running the ball in the game as you have. Woolridge is averaging 3.3 per carry for me with a long run of 11 yards....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »