Home

The game blatantly cheats on Heisman

This is a discussion on The game blatantly cheats on Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:40 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The game blatantly cheats on Heisman

Any remedy for the f'n DL bowling over your OL? I can't even run the ball against Wofford. I understand UGA but Wofford. Regardless of how much momentum or whatever, I just have them outmatched and I can't move the ball on the ground.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:45 AM   #34
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I just played my first game on Heisman and let me just say it is totally gay. I hate the CPU cheating crap. Its ABSOLUTELY rediculous. I'm going back to AA.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:59 AM   #35
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Well, when I played my first game on AA I won 72-8 there skippy. Let's not pretend there's anything 'inherently flawed' with Heisman just because some people happen to get smoked when they try to play on it.

All the OPer really does, for example, is complain about the stuff that makes him lose games he feels he should be winning.

JTS is a lame feature for the most part, I agree. But take the animation out of the equation and I really don't get the sense it adds that much more pressure than the game had last year; in essence, it's just a guy who got through - what's the big deal? Lots of times he gets picked up by another lineman anyway if you move well in the pocket. I think I was sacked around 20 times in my first full season, and I can tell you most every time was my fault to some degree or another.

His other two complaints (about audibles and Impact defensive players) have been addressed by other posters adequately. I would only add, about Impact guys, I haven't noticed them being anything special, except that I make sure to hot route my play away from them, or call an appropriate audible, especially when they're in the zone. Frankly, I also think Impact Players is a stupid feature, as is about every 'feature' they've added the last four years, but it's what we have to deal with. That said, I've never had the in-game beefs with it others have.

But I mean, take responsibility for your losses already. Were you complaining it was 'unrealistic' when Oklahoma handed a 66 to Texas a couple years ago, or when Louisville got smacked around by USF last year? Honestly, I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I listen to this same stuff every year, and yet every year I manage to win NC's, win Heisman's, lead the nation in total defense, etc. - everything we want to do as gamers - all on Heisman.

The bottom line no one's ego wants to hear is that Heisman is just harder than AA. It's faster, takes more concentration, and requires better, smarter playcalling. If you try to play on Heisman and get your clock cleaned, most likely it just means you need to practice, play with the sliders, call a better game, or all three. No more, no less.

Else just stick with AA, JV, or whatever level you think doesn't 'cheat'.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 07-26-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 07:58 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Well, when I played my first game on AA I won 72-8 there skippy. Let's not pretend there's anything 'inherently flawed' with Heisman just because some people happen to get smoked when they try to play on it.

All the OPer really does, for example, is complain about the stuff that makes him lose games he feels he should be winning.

JTS is a lame feature for the most part, I agree. But take the animation out of the equation and I really don't get the sense it adds that much more pressure than the game had last year; in essence, it's just a guy who got through - what's the big deal? Lots of times he gets picked up by another lineman anyway if you move well in the pocket. I think I was sacked around 20 times in my first full season, and I can tell you most every time was my fault to some degree or another.

His other two complaints (about audibles and Impact defensive players) have been addressed by other posters adequately. I would only add, about Impact guys, I haven't noticed them being anything special, except that I make sure to hot route my play away from them, or call an appropriate audible, especially when they're in the zone. Frankly, I also think Impact Players is a stupid feature, as is about every 'feature' they've added the last four years, but it's what we have to deal with. That said, I've never had the in-game beefs with it others have.

But I mean, take responsibility for your losses already. Were you complaining it was 'unrealistic' when Oklahoma handed a 66 to Texas a couple years ago, or when Louisville got smacked around by USF last year? Honestly, I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I listen to this same stuff every year, and yet every year I manage to win NC's, win Heisman's, lead the nation in total defense, etc. - everything we want to do as gamers - all on Heisman.

The bottom line no one's ego wants to hear is that Heisman is just harder than AA. It's faster, takes more concentration, and requires better, smarter playcalling. If you try to play on Heisman and get your clock cleaned, most likely it just means you need to practice, play with the sliders, call a better game, or all three. No more, no less.

Good point...very well said.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated

While I agree that some people complain about things that aren't flawed just because they lose, that is too much of a blanket statement to make. I've gone into practice mode just to review specific things about Heisman and have come to the conclusion that there is clearly cheating by the CPU for the human run game. LBs fly to the hole as if they know where the play is. Far too often in run plays, you have to bounce the play because the actual hole it was intended for has no chance of success. I've already posted before that its much easier to run out of spread and ace formations since you need to create better spacing in order to run the ball. I formation plays against evenly matched teams simply are poorly executed against the CPU and I find this very unbalanced. This wasn't the case in 2006 but is the case in 2007. It seemed they swapped super coverage LBs in 06 for super run stuffing LBs in 07. The creation of holes by your O-line in the run game also got reduced significantly in 07.

I played at a reduced Heisman setting in 06 since I felt AA was too easy last year and my only real beef was the short passing game at that level (for me). This year, I find passing much better but don't like the run game on Heisman. I know they have to program Heisman to be hard to the point of cheating simply to provide a challenge for the great gamers out there. However, that doesn't mean cheap stuff doesn't happen. Its AA for me this year.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:45 AM   #38
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Even though I woop the CPU on Heisman, I too have noticed some of the BS they try to pull to stay in the game.

1.) Already mentioned the D LINE knocking your O Line down 90% of the time especially on running plays.
2.) DBs glitching on your recivers and holding them back off their routes so the pass ends up 10 yards ahead of the reciever, yet no pass interference.
3.) DBs also making 20 foot lauching leaps to tip the ball down.
4.) Your DBs just blatantly stop and watch the ball land into the opposing recievers hands for a huge gain or TD.
5.) the ridiculously fast defenders as already mentioned.

Last edited by SeaNNyT; 07-26-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
Even though I woop the CPU on Heisman, I too have noticed some of the BS they try to pull to stay in the game.

1.) Already mentioned the D LINE knocking your O Line down 90% of the time especially on running plays.
2.) DBs glitching on your recivers and holding them back off their routes so the pass ends up 10 yards ahead of the reciever, yet no pass interference.
3.) DBs also making 20 foot lauching leaps to tip the ball down.
4.) Your DBs just blatantly stop and watch the ball land into the opposing recievers hands for a huge gain or TD.
5.) the ridiculously fast defenders as already mentioned.

Great post. Heisman can be beaten just as easy as AA. People dont realize WE WANT TO LOSE. Thats the problem here. But we want to lose in a legit way. It has NOTHING to do with Heisman being too hard.

One thing you forgot to mention , which is my biggest gripe, is the CPU using ESP against you. They KNOW what play your running . And they adjust their D for it. Its obvious as heck.
Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »