Home

REALISTIC CHANGES for 2008

This is a discussion on REALISTIC CHANGES for 2008 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 01:45 AM   #1
Rookie

skinny pimp's Arena

OVR: 0
REALISTIC CHANGES for 2008

- Someone needs to send EA a copy of Sega NCAA Basketball and school EA on how recruiting should be. You should be able to, like in REAL life (EA claims to be IN THE GAME but yet, this feature isn't IN THE GAME) recruit kids starting as they are freshman to build your trust with them. Of course other schools will as well.

- Get rid of Chase the Heisman or whatever the hell it's called. It's a waste, of space. Period. Dynasty could be ungodly like GREAT if they only had a season mode for your young kids and dynasty. Obviously with practice and exhibition.

- New layout. Sorry, but they have had this look and feel...2...3 years in a row? ESPN Magazine is dull, can I have a reason to look at it? Once again, Sega>EA in this department. You click on news and the sim engine types up a 6-8 page article on your teams previous game.

-Can EA atleast TRY to act like they care for the rosters? I mean, this is awful. Players are butchered, classes are all wrong.

-Better commentary, and, better preview and after game feel. I don't know if it's possible for the goons that make this game, but maybe for your regional games, you get the normal pre game talk. National televised games and game of the weeks get an extra 2-3 minutes before and after the game. Like...well....in real life. EA....you need to get in the game here ladies.

- PLEASE...MAKE...RECRUITING...HARDER. I am on the PS2, im sure when 2008 comes out I will own either a 360 or PS3, but this is pathetic. Recruiting is way easy. There are WAY to many five stars. Look at the ratings people on scout or rivals. Last year was one of the more star studded years in recent memory. This year there will be less five stars. 15-20 i'd say. EA finds a way to have about 30-40 or so and way to many four stars. And there is to much inconsistency. I can get a four star who is the 4th ranked player at his position and he will be rated 78, while I can get a 3 star at the same position who is the 30th ranked player at that position, and the 3 star comes in rated 78. Yet...an offensive linemen who was a 4 star and the 10th best tackle, comes in 74 rated.

- My biggest gameplay gribe is this. QB passes to much. I played West Virginia and they threw the ball 30 times and ran 10. WAY OFF. Im tired of leading the country in rush defense and being 90th in pass defense because im giving up 350 yards a game. Which leads me to safety play. Why do safeties play dumb?

-Heisman sucks. The setting that is. The speed cheats are stupid. You know EA, it is humanly possible to make a level more difficult than the next without making any player faster? You know, like making his decision making better and having him react to a play 2 times faster? I'm tired of seeing my damn offensive linemen being knocked on his *** by 250 pound ends and 220 pound backers and 180 pound corners. I dare a single employee at EA and Tiburon to run @ one the top tackles in the country and just shove him over like it is a child.

Hello??

My problem with EA is this. They are like the Eminem of video games. They could slap on a new cover and give us this same game next year and they know people will buy it. Like Eminem, he puts out garbage material because he knows the millions of tools in this world will buy his crap.

EA, please...act like you give a damn for once. You have given us the SAME game for how many years with a new label on it and a few fancy things that you consider MAJOR upgrades? And how many times in interviews do you LIE to people telling them all these BIG time changes and when the common person GETS the game, it's the same as the one before, just a...2.0 version of the year before?

How about this?

Can we get a 9.0 version next year? I mean, really. We keep you in business, we put food on your table, how about you treat us back and act like you CARE for the people that buy your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 01:55 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: REALISTIC CHANGES for 2008

Quote:
- Someone needs to send EA a copy of Sega NCAA Basketball and school EA on how recruiting should be. You should be able to, like in REAL life (EA claims to be IN THE GAME but yet, this feature isn't IN THE GAME) recruit kids starting as they are freshman to build your trust with them. Of course other schools will as well.
That's basketball. This is football. That doesn't happen in football.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

The one thing I like about the 2k Basketball game that you can edit the coaches name and it is attatched to the roster file.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:05 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Damn. Dude, have a mint. Calm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny pimp
I'll be honest... I'm not sure if I like this idea. Sure it's realistic, and most of the time I'm all for realism, but playing NCAA College Hoops (a game I absolutely love despite not liking basketball all that much), recruiting just became a burden after a while. It just gets to be too much sometimes (that said, the more I played, the easier it became).

Quote:
- Get rid of Chase the Heisman or whatever the hell it's called. It's a waste, of space. Period. Dynasty could be ungodly like GREAT if they only had a season mode for your young kids and dynasty. Obviously with practice and exhibition.
To demand the removal of a feature/game mode just because you personally do not make use of it is selfish and short sighted. Though I prefer to stick with Dyansty for now, I rather like this mode conceptually and plan to try it out in Madden (where you are locked on your created player rather than controlling the team normally in NCAA).

Quote:
- New layout. Sorry, but they have had this look and feel...2...3 years in a row? ESPN Magazine is dull, can I have a reason to look at it? Once again, Sega>EA in this department. You click on news and the sim engine types up a 6-8 page article on your teams previous game.
It ain't broke, why fix it? Sega's articles got old really quick as it just copy/pasted generic crap that usually didn't even apply.

Quote:
-Can EA atleast TRY to act like they care for the rosters? I mean, this is awful. Players are butchered, classes are all wrong.
I didn't notice it was that bad. Of course, I play Notre Dame, you might play a less prominant team. Plus I use BL's rosters, and he's pretty damn good at straightening them out.

Quote:
-Better commentary, and, better preview and after game feel. I don't know if it's possible for the goons that make this game, but maybe for your regional games, you get the normal pre game talk. National televised games and game of the weeks get an extra 2-3 minutes before and after the game. Like...well....in real life. EA....you need to get in the game here ladies.
Well, you're preaching to the choire on this one. I don't think there's anybody who wouldn't like some more variety of presentation, but honestly, the presentation really isn't THAT bad as it is.

Quote:
- PLEASE...MAKE...RECRUITING...HARDER. I am on the PS2, im sure when 2008 comes out I will own either a 360 or PS3, but this is pathetic. Recruiting is way easy. There are WAY to many five stars. Look at the ratings people on scout or rivals. Last year was one of the more star studded years in recent memory. This year there will be less five stars. 15-20 i'd say. EA finds a way to have about 30-40 or so and way to many four stars. And there is to much inconsistency. I can get a four star who is the 4th ranked player at his position and he will be rated 78, while I can get a 3 star at the same position who is the 30th ranked player at that position, and the 3 star comes in rated 78. Yet...an offensive linemen who was a 4 star and the 10th best tackle, comes in 74 rated.
And do you think Scout or Rivals always gets it precisely right? I the star ratings accurately reflected exactly what the player's rating was, that would be much further from realism than it currently is. There is very little data available to college scouts on individual players out of High School, it's very much a hit and miss game. You never heard of half the five star players once they've committed. They turn out to be overrated, spend 2 years on the scout team before they're cut.

Quote:
- My biggest gameplay gribe is this. QB passes to much. I played West Virginia and they threw the ball 30 times and ran 10. WAY OFF. Im tired of leading the country in rush defense and being 90th in pass defense because im giving up 350 yards a game. Which leads me to safety play. Why do safeties play dumb?
The pass too much issue has been in Madden and NCAA for years (less so recently, so it's disappointing to see it's resurgence). There are a couple of remedies: first off, allow the computer to select it's offensive play before you select your defensive play. This worked in Madden for years. secondy, adjust the coaching sliders so as to favor the run more (yes, you can change all of the coaches sliders even when only controlling one team).

Quote:
-Heisman sucks. The setting that is. The speed cheats are stupid. You know EA, it is humanly possible to make a level more difficult than the next without making any player faster? You know, like making his decision making better and having him react to a play 2 times faster? I'm tired of seeing my damn offensive linemen being knocked on his *** by 250 pound ends and 220 pound backers and 180 pound corners. I dare a single employee at EA and Tiburon to run @ one the top tackles in the country and just shove him over like it is a child.
Heisman/All Madden is Heisman/All Madden. I've given up on this, it's the way it'll always be.

Quote:
Hello??

My problem with EA is this. They are like the Eminem of video games. They could slap on a new cover and give us this same game next year and they know people will buy it. Like Eminem, he puts out garbage material because he knows the millions of tools in this world will buy his crap.

EA, please...act like you give a damn for once. You have given us the SAME game for how many years with a new label on it and a few fancy things that you consider MAJOR upgrades? And how many times in interviews do you LIE to people telling them all these BIG time changes and when the common person GETS the game, it's the same as the one before, just a...2.0 version of the year before?

How about this?

Can we get a 9.0 version next year? I mean, really. We keep you in business, we put food on your table, how about you treat us back and act like you CARE for the people that buy your game.
Damn, man, considering the vast majority of people I've seen thus far are absolutely loving this version, both generations, I'm really surprised at your level of dissatisfaction.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:09 AM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
That's basketball. This is football. That doesn't happen in football.
Actually, that's true. First off, though I'm not positive, I'm fairly certain there's a rule in football that prevents teams from recruiting players before their junior year.

Secondly, a football player's skill is far tougher to guage than a basketball player's. There are far more busts in football because you can't just throw him on the field and see how good he is. Basketball is more athletic and less mental/emotional. You don't have to worry so much about immeasurables. In football, a guy might have an absolute cannon, but if he hasn't got the stuff upstairs to play Quarterback, he's a waste of talent. Much better to wait and see how a kid does in his senior year before going after him. That's another issue as well... even the best football players rarely play varsity as freshmen in High School.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 02:10 AM   #6
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny pimp
-

Hello??

Yeah I keep seeing this on every level, it's just the worse on Heisman
Old 07-25-2006, 02:16 AM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Couple comments. It's rare at best you will EVER see a Freshman recruited in football. Fact of the matter is most freshman are under the age of 15 in the fall, and are rarely even eligible to play football at the varsity level. Basketball recruiting is not the same as football recruiting.

As far as recruiting difficulty, all I can say is play the 360 version, it's a whole new difficulty level when it comes to recruiting.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:18 AM   #8
MVP

tshelton's Arena

OVR: 7

He's just mad that the refs can't save the Gators on the game too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »