Home

Momentum has added a new level of strategy for me

This is a discussion on Momentum has added a new level of strategy for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 11:39 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Momentum has added a new level of strategy for me

im not sure, but i think that ratings don't take a hit like in previous years because you still have a chance to make a play. like in last years game if your qb's rating goes down 5-10 points your probably better off benching him. but now its safer to leave him in because one play can change the whole thing.

also, its good that if the game is out of reach nothing really happens to momentum. i have west va in my dynasty and played ecu. they returned a fumble for a td in the 4th but they were already down 56-0 so the momentum meter only lost one bar.

Last edited by CHWildcats; 07-25-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:45 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by House
What is the cover up button?
For the PS2 its either triangle or pushing up on the right analog stick (both work). Its crucial at the end of runs when you are going to get hit. If you try juking a defender and he pops you, you are far more likely to fumble. Just cover up when you think you can't do much more.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-25-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #19
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
For the PS2 its either triangle or pushing up on the right analog stick (both work). Its crucial at the end of runs when you are going to get hit. If you try juking a defender and he pops you, you are far more likely to fumble. Just cover up when you think you can't do much more.
No strip button on the 360 is a game killer.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #20
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

Try using the hit stick on defense when your team has the momentum meter maxed out and when your opponent has the meter maxed out. I think pulling off big hits (which can result in some big plays) is much easier with momentum. Subtle, but it definitely has an effect.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #21
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The visiting team gets a bonus across the board with momentum on their side. I think HFA only used to reward the home team and never reward the visiting team with rating bonuses across the board. Not sure though.
There are several differences between HFA and momentum.
  1. HFA ratings increased/decreased on individual player basis. Momentum ratings changes are applied all players.
  2. With momentum your ratings never drop below the default. You either get a ratings boost or nothing at all.
  3. With HFA low composure players (i.e. freshmen) get rattled causing a drop in ratings. Poor play results in ratings drops, good play results in ratings boosts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 12:16 PM   #22
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman
Try using the hit stick on defense when your team has the momentum meter maxed out and when your opponent has the meter maxed out. I think pulling off big hits (which can result in some big plays) is much easier with momentum. Subtle, but it definitely has an effect.
Subtle is good. Impact players from last year was completely over done and nearly ruined the game. If EA creates a game with enough subtle features in the end you get a large and hopefully realistic affect. I think this is the way it should be. HFA + Momentum + Impact Players can add up to have a huge impact on a the game.

Last edited by Sigma4Life; 07-25-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #23
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
There are several differences between HFA and momentum.
  1. HFA ratings increased/decreased on individual player basis. Momentum ratings changes are applied all players.
  2. With momentum your ratings never drop below the default. You either get a ratings boost or nothing at all.
  3. With HFA low composure players (i.e. freshmen) get rattled causing a drop in ratings. Poor play results in ratings drops, good play results in ratings boosts.
that is some good info

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

is there a cover up button for 360?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »