Home

Who do you choose on defense? Does it matter?

This is a discussion on Who do you choose on defense? Does it matter? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #17
Rookie

HAWGS's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Who do you choose on defense? Does it matter?

I also play safety mostly. Being able to recognize the run plays and bring a safety up in support quickly can really help stifle a teams rushing attack and IMO makes a huge difference in the games.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #18
Rookie

squaremarker's Arena

OVR: 4

the strong side outside linebacker
Old 07-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBison
This has probably been asked a billion times but I couldn't find it.

When on defense, which player do you choose? Do you pick a linemen and rush the QB, a zone LB and just hang out, or what? It would seem like good defensive strategy would hinge on who you pick and what you do with him. Obviously you have to be careful when moving a guy around if he already has a defensive assignment.

So, who do you guys pick? What's your theory behind who to pick and why? Do you pick impact players or allow the computer to control them? Do you try to shut down certain routes that players (or the computer) like to run?

thanks for any help.

I control only my DL.

I let my other guy's go off of their ratings. I think the game plays best when you stick with one guy on defense and let your other players do their job on their own. Especially on AA level it works out great for me. Think about it in football if you played on any level you could only control what you did on the field the other 10 guy's on defense had to take care of their own assignments.

I've always used that approach in Madden and NCAA. It makes the game more challenging for me.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:38 PM   #20
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Against the CPU I play MLB, but online I wait until the snap then hit B and
try to put heat on the QB.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:42 PM   #21
Rookie

wgrantham's Arena

OVR: 4

i normally use my LE (got way too used to Mario Williams in 06) and then switch once the ball is thrown to either pic the ball off or knock it down. i will play with a safety or LB if they are blitzing, im aweful in coverage so i let the comp do that for me
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Who cares?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 07:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrantham
i normally use my LE (got way too used to Mario Williams in 06) and then switch once the ball is thrown to either pic the ball off or knock it down. i will play with a safety or LB if they are blitzing, im aweful in coverage so i let the comp do that for me

linebacker or de,
lb as a base, de against a running qb
Old 07-25-2006, 07:51 PM   #23
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

Last year I always played as a safety. This year I have mostly (90%) of the time ran alot of base 4-3 and Nickel controlling whoever I am sending on teh blitz (LB or CB). However, I was getting too many sacks so now I have Pass Block for CPU on 99. IT has helped. I know some may possibly say I am a cheeser defensively but I kinda feel how PM does. I wasnt to let my defense play their positions and I feel like the guy blitzing is kinda playing his on defense and not involved with covering anyone.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Back in the day before I found CM, I played as a safety. I have played CM for the past 2 release but there's something about 07 that makes me want to thumb jockey a bit. Now, I control the MLB and for the first time that I can remember, you have the option to make plays. In past releases, it seems, the cpu's OL would find you and suction block you. This year, it feels as though I'm free to flow to the ball carrier. *shrugs*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »