Home

Confessions of an Xbox owner...

This is a discussion on Confessions of an Xbox owner... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Confessions of an Xbox owner...

Isnt the 360 bacwards compatible? So why not buy the xbox game for the 360 instead of trading in your 360
Old 07-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #10
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualradius
Well, you have to understand that I have a wife, two kids, and two companies. I have little time to play, and what I really like to play is NCAA Football and Winning Eleven Soccer. When I play NCAA, I like to let the cpu control the players. Can't do that on the 360, not to mention the game locking up all of the time.

That's why...

What were you looking for by posting this? Some type of justification for it? I don't understand. You have to be 1 in 100,000 people that would actually do this...F, if you were smart you would've kept the 360 and just traded in your 360 games towards the purchase of the xbox....Aren't they only like $130 or something refurb???

Now, you have a worthless xbox that has no value and you're going to have to repurchase a $400 system in a year....MAKES PERFECT SENSE!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #11
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
That is officially the worst trade since a chewed up Babe Ruth signed ball for a perfect 1927 Yankees signed ball
Way to slip in a Sandlot reference!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 11:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
A 360 for a used Xbox? That is officially the worst trade since a chewed up Babe Ruth signed ball for a perfect 1927 Yankees signed ball

Why would you assume this was a straight up trade? Give the guy some credit. Presumably he went into Gamestop and has some cash or credit for the rest.

As for the rest of the comments: 400 bucks isn't the be all, end all for everyone. Sometimes having a good time is more important.

For the record - yes I have a 360. I got the 360 version and the PS2 version. I play one downstairs (360) when I have time, and when I am uplate or waiting for my son to fall asleep, I play the PS2 version. I think they're both fun, but defintely different, so it's not hard for me to believe someone has a preference. I haven't decided yet.

-bb
Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 PM   #13
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4

You have got to be kidding me... traded in your Xbox 360 for a refurbished Xbox? Did the place you sell it to give you weird looks? I do admit that the Xbox/PS2 versions have more features, but the gameplay on the Xbox 360 version is much better. Also remember that a year from now, the NCAA Football 08 for the Xbox 360 will hopefully have all the missing features restored. Kinda like how Madden 07 is the 2nd game on the Xbox 360 and the developers can improve on an existing engine.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:39 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Why would you assume this was a straight up trade? Give the guy some credit. Presumably he went into Gamestop and has some cash or credit for the rest.
Because he said:
"I have traded the 360 in for a refurbed Xbox"
Old 07-26-2006, 12:00 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

serial poster LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 01:39 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I got $220 for the 360 and another $110 or so for four games. I have some kind of "card" that gives me a 10% boost on trade-ins plus I got $5 per game extra for the four game trade-in at one time. Also, $25 for the memory card. All total, $355 or so...

"Paid" $89 for the Xbox refurb, $50 for NCAA, and $50 for the Dance Dance Revolution and pad (which my 5 year old son wanted).

So I have about $165 left in credit there.

I don't think I did too bad. Paid $300 for the 360 and got $220 back. Certainly not a great move to buy it in the first place, but given that move, the trade-in wasn't bad.

Not looking for validation, but just letting people know that I went back to the xbox to play ncaa this year - for coach mode and because the 360 kept locking up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »