Home

Ideas for "Recruiting Rules".....

This is a discussion on Ideas for "Recruiting Rules"..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #9
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Ideas for "Recruiting Rules".....

I've heard great things about the 360 version, but for me (current-gen), in my FIRST season as a CUPCAKE created school, I got the #1 WR in the NATION to commit to me.

It was ridiculous.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I won the national championship w/ Maryland 1st season on the 360 and was only able to get 2 5 star players when previously I could get anyone I wanted, so it is a little bit tougher than on current generation games.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im using Northwestern as my Dynasty team.

A rule I follow is:

As soon as a recruit mentions they are not concerned with school's Academics, I stop recruiting them. NW is a 6* academic prestige and we will not be brought down because some 850 sat scoring dt.

Other than that, I stole one of BDawg35's and try to recruit players without discipline problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #12
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I play with Michigan on PS2, for the record, and yes, this is a problem. My thing is I just don't allow myself five-star recruits at all. And, like the OP suggests, I stick with Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin for the majority of my targets. Works well. I'll fluxuate between a B+ and A+ from year to year, which is pretty realistic for UM.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Recruiting rules are definatly something that need to be implemented. I found an old thread that had some ideas that I tried and liked. Basically, you need to limit yourself based on your prestige, so for my Michigan dynasty I could only go after 4 5*'s and like 12 4*'s. I ended up pulling 18 recruits and had 2 5*'s, 12 4 *'s, and 4 3*'s. Basically stayed in the region, but go after a few guys from Cali or Texas.

Last edited by clayshime; 07-27-2006 at 11:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »