Home

Freezing problem on the 360: poll

This is a discussion on Freezing problem on the 360: poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which problems are you having? (multiple choices allowed)
Dirty Disk Errors in-game 74 23.42%
Dirty Disk Errors in menu/rosters 22 6.96%
Freezing (no DDE message) in-game 77 24.37%
Freezing (no DDE message) in the rosters/menus 23 7.28%
No freezing/DDE problems 164 51.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Freezing problem on the 360: poll

bump
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #42
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgnjul
bump
i've had mine from the launch date

Only had minor problems with NBA Live and Madden, College Hoops never did and MLB2k never did. Not trying to say it is an EA problem.

Have had no probs with NCAA until today when i did my first dynasty with multiple players and the FK roster, but we just started it over with generated names and it did it again four games in a row. So it isnt rosters or anything with the dirty disk. Must just have some bad ones but we have played 40 games so far, before we seen this problem
Old 07-27-2006, 11:34 PM   #43
Rookie

LHT69's Arena

OVR: 6

I have had my 360 since the end of January (manufactured on the 13th of Jan 2006). Have not had one freeze or problems with any game. I have already played, madden, nba 2k6, college hoops, ncaa football and fight night but have had zero problems. Now with that said, I don't game online nor have I downloaded any rosters or other content from the marketplace. Don't know if that has something to do with it.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:08 AM   #44
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I hear ya man!! but what other alternatives do we have...They know that the discs are causing these problems..but to them it's ea fault..to ea it's microsofts fault.....
I actually very much have a choice. If MS insists on me paying this repair fee when I call them today, my choice is very clear. Go to EB, give them my broken 360, take whatever credit they give me for it, along with any accessories, games etc. I won't be needing for the next little while. Put this credit towards a PS3. Keep my other 360 until the PS3 launch, but not buy a single game. Rent anything I wanna play from BBV, where with no late charges, I can keep a game for a month for about 10 bucks.

When the PS3 finally drops, trade in my other 360 and whatever 360 stuff I have left towards the PS3.

When they tell you it's EA's fault, I think they are forgetting one key element: MS is responsible for the hardware, even if EA's software is causing a large percentage of the problems. MS made the hardware that is having trouble with this particular software, some of which is permanently gone kapoot. None of this hardware has been in use for more than 8 months yet. That is an issue that they are responsible for, beyond "offering" you a 25% discount on the repairs.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:23 AM   #45
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I actually very much have a choice. If MS insists on me paying this repair fee when I call them today, my choice is very clear. Go to EB, give them my broken 360, take whatever credit they give me for it, along with any accessories, games etc. I won't be needing for the next little while. Put this credit towards a PS3. Keep my other 360 until the PS3 launch, but not buy a single game. Rent anything I wanna play from BBV, where with no late charges, I can keep a game for a month for about 10 bucks.

When the PS3 finally drops, trade in my other 360 and whatever 360 stuff I have left towards the PS3.

When they tell you it's EA's fault, I think they are forgetting one key element: MS is responsible for the hardware, even if EA's software is causing a large percentage of the problems. MS made the hardware that is having trouble with this particular software, some of which is permanently gone kapoot. None of this hardware has been in use for more than 8 months yet. That is an issue that they are responsible for, beyond "offering" you a 25% discount on the repairs.
That sounds like a plan but will EB take a broken 360?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #46
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I purchased my 360 at launch, posting from work so unsure of date on back.

The only freezing I have seen has been in Madden which occurred in-game, the game would simply stop responding to the controller and you would get stuck at a cut scene, which happened about every 6 or 7 games. It always happened at the end of games, 4th quarter. The other game is NCAA 07 which has only been once so far and I am on my third season.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:35 AM   #47
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
That sounds like a plan but will EB take a broken 360?
Years back, they took one of my broken PS2's, for a little bit less, but gave me a nice sized-credit anyways. I don't know if it's still like that, but I couldn't see why not.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm on my 2nd disc and both have had frequent DDEs. The errors are normally late in the game and my last 3 games were ended by the DDEs...2 were in game, and the last one just as I hit the "end game" after I got done reviewing the stats from the game.

I bought my NCAA from a small store that sold it a day early so I hate to go back and keep bitching and make them keep exchanging my disc. They probably have a much smaller inventory than a big chain store. If I had bought it from Best Buy or Gamestop I wouldn't give a rip and would exchange a hundred times if I had to get one that played error free.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »