Home

Is your football buddy in the game? Who is he?

This is a discussion on Is your football buddy in the game? Who is he? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #33
Rookie

audiecu's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is your football buddy in the game? Who is he?

^^^Yeah, he's a biggin. I'm 6'0 235 and he makes me look small...I used to play rugby there and played some semi-pro football. I tried out for Clemson back in 2001 made the team but only to play as practice squad so I ended up playing rugby.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:22 AM   #34
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Demond Williams, starting cornerback for Michigan State, though technically he's not my "buddy". Back when I was younger in Jackson Alabama, he was part of the "little kid click" that included my little brother that used to look up to us. My little brother and younger cousins still keep up with him though.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 5

I grew up with Branden Ore the RB from VA Tech, played on the same middle school basketball team and we were pretty good friends until i moved away to go to high school in indiana. But this guy is goin to be a top 10 running back this year, and if it wasnt for him having 2 or 3 knee surgeries before leaving high school he'd be the next Reggie Bush. But he's not on the game for some reason?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #36
Rookie

enemywithinm3's Arena

OVR: 0

Nathan Bennett - Clemson - LG #63 - Paulding Co. High School, Dallas, Ga.
Thomas Brown - UGA - RB #20 - Tucker High School, Tucker, Ga.

Played in High with Nathan and against Thomas. Know them both. Of course playing in Metro Atlanta at a 5A school you get to play against players like Ronnie Brown (cartersville, ga) and others. But i dont claim to know them personally, only Thomas and Nathan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiecu
I know through the years I enjoy playing my friends in NCAA, some notable ones that I associate with were:

Leroy Hill - LB Clemson '04, now with the Seattle Seahawks
Kevin Burnette - TE Clemson '04, he was a 3rd string TE but fun to make him an All-American in the game!
Jermaile Kelly - WR '00 South Carolina, friend and High School teammate
Wallace Artis - DE Furman (JR), currently still playing with the Paladins (Div 1AA)

Of course I met alot of college players in my time but those are the four that I am actually good friends with. How bout ya'll?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #37
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

I went to school with Marion and have hung out with him a few times. I graduated a year before him. I think he also played JV Baseball one year. He may be an OL but hes an athlete too. Great guy, Haven't seen him in a year or so.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #38
Rookie

My cousin, Mark Bihl, is the starting center at Michigan.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #39
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

I graduated high school in 97 so most of mine are from that time period.

Darrell Jackson - Seahawks WR from UF - dunked over me more than once in various high school basketball games.

I then went to UF and lived in the athletes' dorm my freshman year so I hung out with a lot of them. Jevon Kearse and Johnny Rutledge (the only 2 on my floor that were big time UF players) lived across the hall from me.

Jim Barrie - the first Div 1A football player from my high school (he will be a freshman at UF this fall). His older sister was in high school when I was there and his parents are our vets.

The funniest story - which isn't me, but a fraternity brother of mine...

He played high school football against Peter Warrick. He was a huge defensive lineman. Well one game he picked off Warrick when Warrick was playing QB. Now keep in mind he didn't really pick him off...the ball was deflected and fell into his hands. He had an open field and started to take off (as best as a 6'0", 300 lb. kid can take off) and surprisingly made it about 60 yards, before Warrick ran him down and stole the ball back.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #40
Rookie

audiecu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenp1518
I grew up with Branden Ore the RB from VA Tech, played on the same middle school basketball team and we were pretty good friends until i moved away to go to high school in indiana. But this guy is goin to be a top 10 running back this year, and if it wasnt for him having 2 or 3 knee surgeries before leaving high school he'd be the next Reggie Bush. But he's not on the game for some reason?
I don't know if you are playing the game in Xbox 360 or Xbox, but I know that for Xbox OS community Roster version, they are adding him up to the game. Check on the roster threads and see if they are adding him on the other versions of the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »