Home

Momentum meter renders my offense completely helpless

This is a discussion on Momentum meter renders my offense completely helpless within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Momentum meter renders my offense completely helpless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqs
I notice it but I dont mind. I think it challenges the player to always play smart and to minimize mistakes.

Last night I lost a game I was leading 21-0 in the first quarter 42-35. I let them back in the game after giving up 2 big plays on D being stupid and over aggressive.

It happens in real life college footbal ALL THE TIME. I remember several games off the top of my head last year. Nevada vs UCF went back and forth the whole game, Virginia vs Minnesota where Minn. was up 21-7 and lost, Northwestern was up 22 - 7 on UCLA and lost 50-38. Utah let BYU come back from 24-3 before losing in OT, etc., etc.
Exactly. That is what make college football so good. How many people actually though Texas was going to do what they did to USC last year? A lot of that was the BIG PLAYS an MOMENTUM that Young created, and that's the biggest example every college football fan should be able to see.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

I think you guys are just too paranoid about it. Only thing I've seen it effect is some WR drops. However, its not like the momentum is insurmountable. It has not effected the outcome of any of my 20+ games I would say.

You have to grind out a couple of first downs to overcome the momentum sometimes, just like in real life. You can't panic and get away from your gameplan and start throwing INT's, etc. 100% not a problem for me.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #19
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I guess I'm still a little indifferent on this. Yes, there are way too many swings of momentum. Just last night as Ohio State against Michigan I was down 28-13 in the second half with all the mo on their side and was able to win 47-41 in double OT. One of the strange things was when I had all the momentum at one point I turned the ball over and then half of their meter was full. A play later, I recover a fumble and they still haev the mo. Ridiculous.

What I end up doing when the other team has the mo is run screens and look for single coverage on the outside. Use audibles and remember that they will be overly aggressive. That has helped me get a few first downs and some comeback wins.

Try it out.

Last edited by therizing02; 07-27-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #20
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I think the momentum is ok. It doesn't seem to be insurmountable when I don't have it in my favor.

I will say this, I like the fact that it is just a ratings boost for the other team and not some kind of penalty to your players' abilities. At least that's how I understand it to work.

On the depth chart it lists a ratings bonus, so even if you are down, you don't have any kind of penalty, the other team just gets a bump, which seems fair in my opinion.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

I didn't even realize that momentum had any effect on my players or how my team is doing.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

i hate it too, but once i came back from 30 points down to ein the game 39-30
Old 07-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #23
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

At max the momentum meter is +5% bonus to all stats (1% per block on the meter). No negative effect on the opposing teams stats. I kind of enjoy it although I am still trying to figure out the set of rules governing it. Maybe if everyone posted examples of swings they have seen including what event caused it, what teams (and their ranking) were playing and where it would go futher to sorting it out than just complaints.

Last edited by lnin0; 07-27-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #24
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

Personally, I think the momentum meter takes this game from good to great.

Im playing as Louisiana Monroe.

Its a great feeling to finally be pounded by major BCS programs (i've been annihilated by Auburn and Maryland).

It also forces me to play smarter. If the opposition has full momentum, i try to play conservative, low risk football. Ive been able to overcome full momentum a couple of times to win, against FIU and against UK (although I got stupid and blew that one).

Other times, I'm just steamrolled, but only by much higher rated teams, which is IMHO, the way it should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »