Home

CPU can't throw against a Cover2 zone

This is a discussion on CPU can't throw against a Cover2 zone within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3
CPU can't throw against a Cover2 zone

Anyone else having this problem. On pretty much any difficulty setting I can sit back in a cover 2 zone in the 4-3 and the CPU just can't move the ball. Throws less than 30%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: CPU can't throw against a Cover2 zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
Anyone else having this problem. On pretty much any difficulty setting I can sit back in a cover 2 zone in the 4-3 and the CPU just can't move the ball. Throws less than 30%.
Havent had this problem at ALL. You must play with a team that has beast safeties.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
Pro

Chazzilla's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqs
Havent had this problem at ALL. You must play with a team that has beast safeties.
I must agree. I play with Arkansas, and our safeties are horrible. I avoid the cover 2 like the plague! Our first game is against USC and on heisman everytime I call cover 2 I give up a score.

If cover 2 works for you on D in this game, roll with it because you are one of the few, I would bet!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would have to agree, your defense is probably tailor made for the cover 2. My first year with ND, I had amazing safeties, played the Cover 2, and we won the NC. However, they both graduated, and now I avoid the Cover 2 at all costs, since my new safeties are terrible.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
Rookie

ameagle's Arena

OVR: 2

Weird that you are having problems with the cover 2.....

You might try changing up your fronts, drop the SS down to the LOS and blitz with Olijubutu more on the right. I'm having great success.....getting pressure on the QB is so critical with Arkansas, and with the Salad-Dodgin, QB eatin monsters up front, its not terribly hard.

As for the original post.....up your sliders. Increase the CPU's pass protection, QB accuracy, and catching ability until you get the amount of challenge you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #6
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I have to agree with everyone else, I have to be very careful when in Cover 2, especially teams like Notre Dame. USC has one impact player in the secondary, but everyone else in the defensive backfield is suspect to giving up the big play. I do love the zone coverages when the opposing offensive is inside my 30 yard line and are pass happy. Have gotten a ton of my INTs inside the 30.

I tend to give up a lot of yards but are keeping teams out of the end zone.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

In the beginning i had issues with the CPU not being able to throw against the Cover 2 but after changning my sliders it calmed down, though everyonce in awhile ill have a team dependant on a tight end and they will throw a ton of ints
Old 07-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
Are you sure you are playing NCAA 2007??? i had this problem but it was on NCAA 2005... on 2007 the QB are too good.. sometimes way too good (on heisman)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »