Home

Do you own both versions (360 and Xbox) ??

This is a discussion on Do you own both versions (360 and Xbox) ?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21
Do you own both versions (360 and Xbox) ??

Or have you played them both ??

If so, I'm curious if the following stuff is included in the 360 version.

1) Matchup stick

2) The expanded play books (does the 360 have the same amount of plays/formation variations) ??

3) Audible to have the Off line shade left or right

Is there any other "gameplay" functionality that is different in the 360 version than in the Xbox version??

I'm also wondering if it makes any sense to own both of them. I know the 360 graphics will blow the XBox away, but is there anything IYO that makes the Xbox version a must rent/buy type game??

Thanks guys for any help on this !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Do you own both versions (360 and Xbox) ??

no i only own 360 current gen visuals make my eyes hurt
Old 07-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Do you own both versions (360 and Xbox) ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
Or have you played them both ??

If so, I'm curious if the following stuff is included in the 360 version.

1) Matchup stick

2) The expanded play books (does the 360 have the same amount of plays/formation variations) ??

3) Audible to have the Off line shade left or right

Is there any other "gameplay" functionality that is different in the 360 version than in the Xbox version??

I'm also wondering if it makes any sense to own both of them. I know the 360 graphics will blow the XBox away, but is there anything IYO that makes the Xbox version a must rent/buy type game??

Thanks guys for any help on this !!!
Have both versions.

1) Can't answer that for certain, but I'm pretty sure it's not on the 360 version.

2) The 360 version has a tremendous amount of plays, but you can tell the playbooks were simply Madden 360 playbooks with some college plays sprinkled in. MOST of the plays in the 360 version were in Madden 360. Looks like they added some option plays.

3) Again, pretty sure it's NOT in the 360 version, but don't hold me to it. The defensive controls are so unintuitive that a rarely press anything after breaking the huddle.

Does it make sense to own both of them? Yeah, I guess if you want to look at the 360 version, but the more solid gameplay is on the Xbox version. If you can't get past the wow factor of the 360 graphics, don't bother with the Xbox version. But if graphics are not the driving force behind your decision, then don't bother with the 360 version. The more I play it, the more I see wrong with it. Collision detection is absolutely horrendous in the 360 version. I got sacked and fumbled last night by a guy, but the closest he got to me was 3 feet away. I took a screenshot if you'd like to see it. Then this morning I was playing Kansas State and their halfback came through the line and literally spun through 4 of my defenders. I don't mean he made them miss, I mean he literally went through them! I also have a screenshot of his head coming out of my linebacker's chest if you'd like to see that.

There are so many other things just wrong about the 360 version. I had a guy running an out pattern this morning, and he clearly had the guy beat, but at the last second, the DB literally warped in front of him to knock the ball down. I went back and watched the replay and he literally jumped from the 1 yard line to the 6 to knock the ball down. I'm not a genius, but no one can jump 15 feet from almost a standstill.

There's just too much of that kind of stuff in the game, but if you can live with it, by all means get the 360 version.

Hope this helps. I'm sure my fan club will be here shortly to discredit me, but go back and do a search on my posts. There are a few of us here that are at least honest about the 360 version and everything in my posts is the truth. There are people who are going to tell you different, but I am one of the few here who has EXTENSIVELY played both versions. The Xbox version, aside from having a more robust franchise, feels more like football and all of the things that you asked about are included in the offensive and defensive adjustments. Not only that, but they are now on nice little menus when you hit the X and Y buttons so you no longer have to memorize what doesn what. Good luck to you.

Last edited by Badgun; 07-29-2006 at 04:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »