Home

challenges

This is a discussion on challenges within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb
i know that but im still sayin there is no option in the pause menu to challenge a play its all from the booth ! And yes ive seen tons of reversed calls as well as my td with ND with no time remaining for a 34-28 loss against USC in the last game of the season causing me to be 11-1 and losing my chance at a National Championship
There is an option in the pause menu to challenge on the 360 version. I've done it several times.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #18
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

What sucks about the 360 version is that when you try to challenge a call, most of the time it won't let you because of the automatic replay system. Pressing the A button repeatedly usually doesn't bypass the replay system because it comes so quick.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #19
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I've never challenged anything. The CPU challenged me once, and lost.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:43 AM   #20
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugreene2
I've challenged from the pause menu (XBOX). I thought the receiver was out of bounds so I pushed pause before the replay started. The play got overturned so I'm 1 for 1.

can't do that on 360 :| you get a message that says you have to challenge from playcalling screen. And before it gets to the screen it shows the damn replays and there it no option to turn it off. :| I have only been able to challenge like 2 since I got the game because of replay screen.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:53 PM   #21
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemaster-2005
can't do that on 360 :| you get a message that says you have to challenge from playcalling screen. And before it gets to the screen it shows the damn replays and there it no option to turn it off. :| I have only been able to challenge like 2 since I got the game because of replay screen.
Yup, they messed this up. It is even worse because the 'you can't challenge' message states that 'challange is not available when Replay has been accessed from the Pause menu,' when it wasn't. I think the 'no review if you access Instant Replay' is dumn in itself, but this issue is even worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 07:36 PM   #22
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Yup, they messed this up. It is even worse because the 'you can't challenge' message states that 'challange is not available when Replay has been accessed from the Pause menu,' when it wasn't. I think the 'no review if you access Instant Replay' is dumn in itself, but this issue is even worse.
even in real life the coaches can look up and see a big screen with the replay before they challenge, if the other team doesnt hurry up,(not his fault it was just put in front of him like the game does to us) but it does get old that you cant challenge when that happens.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:42 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakfan162
Not true, it depends on if you are playing in a stadium that is in a conference that allows challenges, and that the play is challengeable. Now a better question is has anybody had a challenged play reversed? (Im 0 for 2)

I finally got one overturned it was a non-catch catch....usually the computer stands by their decision but I was proud because he clearly steped out of bounds....there were other times I challenged a catch out of bounds but they weren't overturned but were still clearly out of bounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »