Home

This game made me REALLY angry for the first time.

This is a discussion on This game made me REALLY angry for the first time. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #129
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: This game made me REALLY angry for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72
Sportsguys.....where do I start...? Okay you are 32, I am 33....soon to be 34 (unfortunatley)....Sept to be exact, so I understand when you refernece old games from our childhood......second...my good man, it was you who used childish, go back to your post, I referenced it from your post. 3rd....I will continue to use emoticons, that's what they are there for, if you dont like how I use them move along to the next post, I haven't insulted anyone, if anything, they illustrate the frustration certain points of view cause.....dully noted I will stay on this thread, so long as I can contribute.....I use UConn and I would very much would like to go 12-0, I know I won't but this game is in a virtual world where I can hope to out-coach the actual coaching staff and take my C+ team to a BCS bowl. And just like real football sometimes on a rare occassion, there isnt a damn thing you can do to stop the opposition, everything they do results in a positive outcome...real football is like that dude.

Oh and Auriema is better than Summit!
Real Football is like that.....to a point. How often do you see all facets of the game completely dominated, by a team so inferior, that if they played 100 times, the top 10 ten (just a hypothetical), will beat the doormat probably 99 times, and even in that 1 win for the doormat, it's incredibly unlikely they would dominate the game in such a way that the other team is utterly helpless.

I understand what you are saying, I get your point, but I think you are having difficulty understanding ours.

That's quite alright though, agree to disagree, no big deal.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:33 AM   #130
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

It seems to me that they use the "comeback code" to cover up a lack of solid A.I. programing. I am not an EA ***** but the computer does cheat you out of wins sometimes.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #131
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83
what do you run to stop that 7-10 yds pass in the middle? The LBs seem to get out of position too often. Killing me.
Use a coverage that floats a lb in the middle of the field and control him. Mix it up by bringing a safety into that mid range zone and blitz the LB. The safeties they have are great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 08:41 AM   #132
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72
OMG! Are you kidding me?

How old is Teco Bowl ???? More than 15 years old is my guess. Talk about apples and oranges dude. Tecmo Bowl was a great game in its time but you are talking about a game that if:

You picked Bo Jackson and the Raiders you were going to win, hands down.
You scrambled back 50 yards with your QB your were STILL going to complete a pass for positive yards
You could HB Rush to the right sideline, then all the way back to the left sideline and take it to the house 90% of the time!
And the best feature in the entire game was the (cutting edge for its time) kicking animations....ugh.

c'mon dude, even blitz the league which juiced its players like only Midway can, didnt have a comback code in it's programming, and that game almost always shut you down in the 4th quarter.
LOL, it seems from your response like you just picked out a quote out of context and got confused as to what my point was. All of the things you said about Tecmo Bowl, (I was referring to Tecmo Super Bowl anyways) had nothing to do with the main point.

That being that Tecmo Super Bowl is a football game where the CPU employs juicing its players in order to up the difficulty on the user. The only reason I even brought it up is because it is a famous game that 99% of sane people will play and be able to see that the CPU juices its players as the season wears on. It's obvious because you have guys who are slow as hell all of a sudden become Bo Jackson when used by the cpu. Like I said early, this is even confirmed by looking at code of the game itself.

The reason that is relevent to what I was saying about EA football games is that essentially they employ the same strategy in order to make certain games difficult on the human. They juice their players. That is my opinion anyways.

Now, if you would hypothetically agree for the moment that EA games do juice their players (ala Tecmo Super Bowl) then all of these arguments about upsets happen and so forth don't really matter. Because I'm not talking about game results anyways. I'm only talking about the way that the game chooses to make the CPU difficult to play.

Assuming you don't agree with the notion that the game juices its players when it wants to give the user a tougher game, then please respond to these elements I've noticed, and let me know where I'm going astray:

- Your AI defenders suddenly moving out of the way of the pass
- Scrub RBs breaking multiple tackles and morphing into Walter Payton
- Their low rated Dline starts pancaking your high rated oline
- Coverage catches by bad passers to bad WRs in double and triple coverage
- Etc.

Last edited by Deltron; 08-03-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #133
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
It seems to me that they use the "comeback code" to cover up a lack of solid A.I. programing. I am not an EA ***** but the computer does cheat you out of wins sometimes.
This is typical of most if not all EA Sports game. So if this is still in the nextgen version it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

EA likes to go for the "Classic Game" approach everytime. Keep the game as close as possible and sweat out a win. But I think this would be more problematic in the higher difficulties like AA or Heisman.

Other than Heisman I find the AI still somewhat easy. in the first three Difficulty settings.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #134
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83
Thanks ... out of any particular formation or all?
It depends. There are many variables, including the talent of your defensive personnel compared to the talent level of the offense; what formation the offense is in; what you feel most comfortable with; etc.

You don't want to use a team with poorly rated, slow linebackers and try to match them up in a base 3-4 against Florida's four and five-wide sets, you know?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #135
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
For the last time, its not about the CPU being better!!!!!!!! It's about the CPU being god like in situations where it should not, and taking the game outcome out of the human players hands.

It certainly is no idea, on rare occasions, it happens. Do you really mean to tell us, that for however long you have played this series of games, you haven't had the CPU completely just do things that are not only so unlikely that they would almost never happen, but dominate a game in such a way that regardless of what you call, how you tackle, or how well you execute, its an exercise in futility?
So true, playing on heisman as Florida against Miami I took a 21-0 lead at the end of the 1st quarter. So I figured I could keep this up, but then the CPU starts completing every pass even when my DBs are in postition they fail to pick it off and sometimes they just flat out turned around and that allowed the CPU a 70+ yard TD pass. I was still leading 42 to 28 in the 4th and then the CPUs cheapness really kicked in. I fumbled 3 straight times, one on a running play, the other on a punt return and the other off a WR catch and fumble. This led to the CPU scoring 3 stright times with the cheap easy completions it was getting. I ended up tieing and winning in 2nd OT, but the obvious cheap manuevers the CPU pulls off can make you mad. I forgot to mention how ridiculously easy the Ai makes 55 yard field goals seem. They managed to make two 55+ field goeals no problem in both 1st OT and 2nd OT.

Last edited by SeaNNyT; 08-03-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #136
Banned

OVR: 11

this is hilarious... i truly believe that ea codes its games to make them challenging by juicing ts players...its toooo obvious. but they have done this for years so y complain??? I played madden 06 two days ago, and ben rothleshoweveryouspellit broke four tackles one by ray lewis to convert a 3rd and 9 in the 4th quarter on the way to a fg to win the game. If you want to argue that this can happen in real life...fine do that. But can you explain to me how my db got caught from behind by their fullback in the open field to cause a fumble to get the ball for this game winning drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
So true, playing on heisman as Florida against Miami I took a 21-0 lead at the end of the 1st quarter. So I figured I could keep this up, but then the CPU starts completing every pass even when my DBs are in postition they fail to pick it off and sometimes they just flat out turned around and that allowed the CPU a 70+ yard TD pass. I was still leading 42 to 28 in the 4th and then the CPUs cheapness really kicked in. I fumbled 3 straight times, one on a running play, the other on a punt return and the other off a WR catch and fumble. This led to the CPU scoring 3 stright times with the cheap easy completions it was getting. I ended up tieing and winning in 2nd OT, but the obvious cheap manuevers the CPU pulls off can make you mad. I forgot to mention how ridiculously easy the Ai makes 55 yard field goals seem. They managed to make two 55+ field goeals no problem in both 1st OT and 2nd OT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »