Home

CPU Burning My Secondary Like a Grease Fire

This is a discussion on CPU Burning My Secondary Like a Grease Fire within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 06:32 PM   #17
Rookie

KePoW's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Burning My Secondary Like a Grease Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
It is definitely on the xbox version and it definitely helps. I was getting killed on pass coverage until I started using this. It will not work if you do it too late and the play has already developed. You have to do it within the first couple of seconds when the play starts.

Watch for the play actions, you will get murdered if you commit to the run against a play action.
how do you do this run-pass commit feature? I'm on the regular xbox
Old 07-31-2006, 06:50 PM   #18
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KePoW
how do you do this run-pass commit feature? I'm on the regular xbox
Push the right joystick up to commit to the pass and down to commit to the run. You must do so quickly, if you do it too late nothing will happen. When you do it, a message should appear on the screen that says commit.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:07 PM   #19
Rookie

KePoW's Arena

Quote:
Push the right joystick up to commit to the pass and down to commit to the run. You must do so quickly, if you do it too late nothing will happen. When you do it, a message should appear on the screen that says commit.
is this after the ball is snapped? also just out of curiousity, how did you find this out, I just looked through the entire manual and I didn't see it (I see some pre-snap stuff you can do with the white/black button + right joystick, but that's all for D-line and linebacker stuff I think)

thanks for the info!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:09 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
3. Never call man defense.
Which turns the game from football to somewhat resembling football.
In my video football games, you call a mix of defences ... and it includes man D.
The jerks who run nothing but zone have ruined online play. I'll be damned if I become one of them.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:09 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm glad someone is seeing this besides me. I'm having mad difficulty with man coverage on AA so I know it must be bad on Heisman!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 07:25 PM   #22
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KePoW
is this after the ball is snapped? also just out of curiousity, how did you find this out, I just looked through the entire manual and I didn't see it (I see some pre-snap stuff you can do with the white/black button + right joystick, but that's all for D-line and linebacker stuff I think)

thanks for the info!
Yes, it only allows you to do it after the snap. Again, you must be fairly quick about it for it to allow you to use it.

In long yardage situations, say 3 and 15, I will immediately commit to the pass , just so I know it will register. Again it will say commit, so you will know when you have done it.

Just in case you didn't know either, you have audibles, but you also have formation audibles. If you push the audible button and then use the right stick you have four in formation audibles In other words, you will stay in the same formation that you chose originally, but a new play will be called from within this formation. Pushing down is a run play, left up, and right are all pass plays I believe.. This is for both offense and defense.

The manual really sucks. There are so many features that EA doesn't let you know about!!!

Last edited by choadler; 07-31-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:40 PM   #23
Rookie

KePoW's Arena

Quote:
Yes, it only allows you to do it after the snap. Again, you must be fairly quick about it for it to allow you to use it.

In long yardage situations, say 3 and 15, I will immediately commit to the pass , just so I know it will register. Again it will say commit, so you will know when you have done it.

Just in case you didn't know either, you have audibles, but you also have formation audibles. If you push the audible button and then use the right stick you have four in formation audibles In other words, you will stay in the same formation that you chose originally, but a new play will be called from within this formation. Pushing down is a run play, left up, and right are all pass plays I believe.. This is for both offense and defense.

The manual really sucks. There are so many features that EA doesn't let you know about!!!

ok cool, thanks again! I hope someone will put out a FAQ soon on all these 07 controls. I've never played any previous NCAA Football games
Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 17

Another thing about the "commitstick" is if you press it left, it will commit to a run to the left. This is great for tosses and option plays. Vice Versa on runs to the right.

The only thing bad about this is it leaves you vulnerable to cutbacks. Be especially weary of this on counter plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »