Home

Interceptions

This is a discussion on Interceptions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 08:45 PM   #9
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Interceptions

I upped the cpu QB accuracy to about 85 on AA and it seems to unfluence more than just the accuracy. I find the cpu QB is far more capable when running the passing offense, I am getting much better passing percentages from ai QB's against me and am really enjoying the challenge defending the pass.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:54 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
I play on All-American and I'm having big problems with INTS. My def. awareness is only 35 and I've set my INT slider to 0 as well as my knocldown slider to only 20. Despite this, I INT the opposing QB 4-6 times a game!!

Is anyone else having this unrealistic problem? My dilemma is that I'm not very good on AA and Heisman would be too hard for me. Ive also tried pressing A instead of Y in order to deflect the pass instead of catch it but it seems to have no effect.

What have you guys done to get get realistic INT #'s?

I mentioned this in my slider thread but I don't think anyone has really done it. Lower the Catch Ratings for the DB's on your team only to between 25-50and LB's between 0-25 and it should help tone it down a bit without jacking up the CPU's QBA slider.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #11
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I mentioned this in my slider thread but I don't think anyone has really done it. Lower the Catch Ratings for the DB's on your team only to between 25-50and LB's between 0-25 and it should help tone it down a bit without jacking up the CPU's QBA slider.
What do you do when you start playing with recruited players in dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 09:31 PM   #12
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I play on All-American and I'm having big problems with INTS. My def. awareness is only 35 and I've set my INT slider to 0 as well as my knocldown slider to only 20. Despite this, I INT the opposing QB 4-6 times a game!!

Is anyone else having this unrealistic problem? My dilemma is that I'm not very good on AA and Heisman would be too hard for me. Ive also tried pressing A instead of Y in order to deflect the pass instead of catch it but it seems to have no effect.

What have you guys done to get get realistic INT #'s?
I am playing with slightly tweaked varsity sliders (I moved human and CPU kicking accuracy down to 0 as well as the FG length down to 10 for the CPU), and through 8 games of my Dynasty I have 8 interceptions. The CPU hasn't had a game in which they completed less than 50% either. I do only play with the LB, DL, and rarely I will control a S if they are lined up with a RB.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:12 PM   #13
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KePoW
I'm assuming you're manually playing the DBs all the time, it sounds like. why not play D-line or the linebackers instead. right now I'm only playing at Varsity difficulty level (first NCAA Football game for me), and I rarely get more than 3 INTs a game if I just let the AI control all the DBs
I followed your advice in an exhibition game, Purdue (me) at Houston. (35-17 loss btw, fun game though)

I controlled the ROLB the entire game and here is Kevin Kolb's line:

11/17 152 yds 1 TD 1 INT

It worked out great! I have figured out that no matter the player you control, by pressing A or Y the player closest to the ball will attempt to intercept the ball. By simply just playing your own postion (LB, DE) the CPU will automatically play the corner/saftey postion. They will try to swat, INT the ball probably depending on your sliders.

The funny thing is the only time i accidently pressed A or Y while controlled my LB, my ROLB int'ed the ball. So I think if I can break the habit of pressing A/Y while the ball is in the air and maybe even increase my def. INT slider to 10, I will get a realistic number of interceptions.

Last edited by redxiiixi; 07-31-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:34 PM   #14
Rookie

KePoW's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I followed your advice in an exhibition game, Purdue (me) at Houston. (35-17 loss btw, fun game though)

I controlled the ROLB the entire game and here is Kevin Kolb's line:

11/17 152 yds 1 TD 1 INT

It worked out great! I have figured out that no matter the player you control, by pressing A or Y the player closest to the ball will attempt to intercept the ball. By simply just playing your own postion (LB, DE) the CPU will automatically play the corner/saftey postion. They will try to swat, INT the ball probably depending on your sliders.

The funny thing is the only time i accidently pressed A or Y while controlled my LB, my ROLB int'ed the ball. So I think if I can break the habit of pressing A/Y while the ball is in the air and maybe even increase my def. INT slider to 10, I will get a realistic number of interceptions.
hehe ya, the AI does a pretty solid job of playing the secondary realistically

but it does sound like you're right and there's a problem with too many interceptions if you manually play pass defense. I should actually try that out, since I've been trying to get more INTs lol. but I get burned a lot the few times I've manually played safety or corner

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »