Home

I'm now a believer in the Momentum meter being too much

This is a discussion on I'm now a believer in the Momentum meter being too much within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: I'm now a believer in the Momentum meter being too much

I had a weird thing happen today involving the momentum meter. I was playing Miami in the ACCCG in my FSU dynasty. They had momentum, I then found my De'Cody Fagg for a 67 yard TD pass and somehow Miami's momentum went up. How does that work?
Old 08-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 12

I actually love the momentum meter more now.....After I realized that you really have to change your gameplan when it gets against you, its much better.....I was online yesterday and the guy had Ohio State and I was Hawaii....I had a good opening drive going and I fumbled and he got +5 after that....Then he scored first......When I got the ball back, I said ok, no deep passes, don't rush up to the line.....Just slowly play conservative football and make a nice drive.......I did and I scored and the momentum still only dropped to halfway for him but it was still a victory......I kept doing more of the same, just pounding it out for 2-3 yards here, 5 yard receptions here and there abnd slowly but surely, the momentum was leaning towards me......When I get it on my side, then I open up the play book and start hitting the big plays....I think people still want to try to make the huge plays when the momentum is against them and you can't do that.....Don't try to juke or spin a lot, cover up the ball a lot more......I slow everything down when its against me, I don't even push A to hurry up to the line, I don't try to make a bunch of hot routes and audibles, you just have to be very patient.......this game was in Ohio State and I came back and won the game handily by at least 2 scores.....The guy was very good too......But I'm not slouch myself.....I do think you need to be a bit more aggressive on defense when the momentum is against you and just the opposite when you have it.....I've won PLENTY of games like this so I think some of you just need to change your approach and recognize the situation......I think its a great feature now...
Old 08-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Are you f'ing kidding me? Seriously?

Folks...this IS college football! Upsets happen. Near upsets happen. It is QUITE POSSIBLE for Arkansas to beat USC one week then almost lose to Utah State the next.

You people are freakin' ridiculous with some of this stuff! Just play the damn game and stop worrying about whether or not the momentum meter is causing you to lose. Here's a hint....PLAY BETTER!!

Try being a Michigan St. fan...Beat #3 Michigan in thrilling fashion only to get BLOWN OUT..not lose but BLOWN out the next week to pitiful Indiana. We made LEvron Williams look like Eric Dickerson. It happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »