Home

Do I have the best team ever?

This is a discussion on Do I have the best team ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2006, 12:50 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Do I have the best team ever?

Thats what makes ND fun, is that you don't have to cheese (w/recruiting...scheduling is another story). They are independent so you can schedule 11 cream puffs. That was 4 hours of cheap entertainment.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:55 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

UNC actually needed the help
Old 08-03-2006, 02:09 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

cheese recruiting...say what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 05:00 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

How the hell do you cheese in recruiting.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun
How the hell do you cheese in recruiting.
If you don't know then you are either playing dumb or your not too bright... so which are ya?
Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 AM   #14
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
If you don't know then you are either playing dumb or your not too bright... so which are ya?
Real helpful.

If you have a 6-star prestige school coming off a successful season, you get almost too much interest in your school and it becomes VERY easy to cherry pick the top recruits. You sort of have to limit yourself by setting some rules and boundaries as to who you can pursue and who you can't.

I remember a couple years ago, some guy came out with a set of guidelines, saying you could go after any in-state recruit, a maximum of like 7 players from the big 3 (California, Texas, Florida) and so on and so forth. It was pretty cool and made recruiting much more challenging.

The thing is, if you just take what the game allows, you can build a super team, like the guy above, and you just keep fueling the fire. Your team becomes more dominant and it gets easier to nab recruits.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #15
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

FWIW, to show how easy the recruiting is, I just finished my first season with Mizzou and ended up with the #1 recruiting class. I had a 12-2 season, but there's no way I should have recruited that well. I "cheesed" because I had a ton of seniors leave and I need a lot of FR to play next season anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
FWIW, to show how easy the recruiting is, I just finished my first season with Mizzou and ended up with the #1 recruiting class. I had a 12-2 season, but there's no way I should have recruited that well. I "cheesed" because I had a ton of seniors leave and I need a lot of FR to play next season anyway.
If you have your sliders set right/play at the AA or heisman level you will lose some games and rarely land recruiting classes in the top three.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »