Home

CPU Eats up the clock

This is a discussion on CPU Eats up the clock within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #9
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CPU Eats up the clock

It makes it hard to get your stats somewhat realistic when they eat up 3 minutes on a drive occasionally. sometimes hitting "a" seems to get them to the line quicker. I don't get too annoyed with the wait, but I hate when I can't get my RB at least 20 carries a game, or spread the ball around to the recievers because I've got to go for it all before it's halftime. I play on 8 min. qrts. seems alot better.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #10
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

I dunno if I could sit through 8 minute quarters. My games last about an hour as it is sometimes.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 62

I don't mind when the CPU does this and the clock is running, but when the clock is stopped they could really snap the ball before the play clock goes under 5 seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 05:22 PM   #12
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Stopping them 3 and out and use your timeouts. The CPU jobs is not to let you comeback.
Very good point.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #13
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Stopping them 3 and out and use your timeouts. The CPU jobs is not to let you comeback.
It's also the CPU's job to make it realistic and not eat the clock that bad with half a quarter to go. If you were playing your buddy you think he'd sit there and not whine when with 3.5 minutes left in a 5 minute 4th quarter you just started eating the clock up? He'd beat your butt! I never start eating the clock until about a minute left in the game when running 5 minute quarters.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #14
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

teams eat the clock all the time In real life... why you think they get 120-140 plays a game in 15 min?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #15
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't think the CPU eats enough clock. I dominate most games in TOP. Moreover, I'll start eating clock with my offense as soon as my lead is 10 points or more, whether it's the first quarter or the fourth. If the CPU did the same thing, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. That's just good strategy: limit your opponent's opportunities.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 08-03-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #16
Rookie

MattCoz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
The CPU does the same thing if you don't pick your defense immediately. They'll usually pick a play with around 19 seconds left on the play clock, walk to the line and line up with 13 seconds or so, then snap it with around 8-10 seconds remaining.
No, they don't. If they get to the line with 15 seconds to go, they'll still wait until 5 seconds are left on the clock. Not a big deal, actually more realistic to how much time is usually left on the clock when plays are run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »