Home

Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown...

This is a discussion on Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I may be a minority in thinking automatic field goals are an issue, but to me, I consider anything that is going to result in near-automatic scoring to be a valid concern.

Is this issue limited strictly to AA difficulty, or does it exist on other levels as well?
I have it for PS2 and I have never seen the CPU miss a kick of any distance on either AA or Heisman. I have kick accuracy at 0 and it doesn't matter. Its really very stupid and lazy of EA to not have found this and/or fixed it. Its not a game killer but is annoying. I turn down their FG length to help but since its pretty easy to make kicks ourselves, I don't worry about it that much.

Furthermore, no way am I going to edit every kicker to fix this (drop accuracy 40 points and they are realistic - see slider thread). It won't even work for incoming recruits in dynasty.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #18
Rookie

BroncoFan24's Arena

OVR: 1

This actually bothers me quite a bit, as I know that if they (CPU) even makes it to my 33....then that's 3 points on the board for them.

Really agitating to know that they are not going to miss...
NFL: Denver Broncos
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Old 08-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFan24
This actually bothers me quite a bit, as I know that if they (CPU) even makes it to my 33....then that's 3 points on the board for them.

Really agitating to know that they are not going to miss...
Agreed. The only reassuring aspect is that it does go both ways, and user kickers can also drop kicks from ridiculous range; the key difference being that the user aspect results in the potential to miss left or right, as opposed to being dead center every time.

It is an unfortunate flaw on an otherwise superb product IMO, and the game is still the best football I've played to date. It's just intriguing to me how something like this isn't noticed in testing, given the strides the series has made elsewhere.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Strangely enough Oregon missed a short field goal wide right against me last night.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Strangely enough Oregon missed a short field goal wide right against me last night.

bk, please tell me you are on the current gen. I have heard that its not AS bad on 360 but I am not really sure either way about that seeing as I dont have one. As far as xbox/ps2 goes, these guys are money. The only good thing about this is that it is common to have blocked kicks. I had like 8 blocked kicks and maybe 5 or so XP's in my last season so at least its not always guarnteed points...pretty close though and it sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2006, 01:32 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
bk, please tell me you are on the current gen. I have heard that its not AS bad on 360 but I am not really sure either way about that seeing as I dont have one. As far as xbox/ps2 goes, these guys are money. The only good thing about this is that it is common to have blocked kicks. I had like 8 blocked kicks and maybe 5 or so XP's in my last season so at least its not always guarnteed points...pretty close though and it sucks.
I'm on 360 for my missed kick, I'm pretty sure BK is to because he's representing USC on the 360 in the Vets league
Old 08-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #23
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
360 version. Although it's the first missed FG as far as wide right or left I have aeen.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #24
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I'm on 360 for my missed kick, I'm pretty sure BK is to because he's representing USC on the 360 in the Vets league
Don't remind me. I don't know how I could be from being a pretty decent player all these years to complete crap in one year. I guess 35 is the magic age to lose the stick skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »