Home

Best Instant Classic thread

This is a discussion on Best Instant Classic thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2006, 06:09 AM   #9
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Best Instant Classic thread

I tied the national title game with a 21 yard TD pass as time expired, with the extra point to win it, with OSU v. USC. I didn't even get to 1000.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:18 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedShades
I tied the national title game with a 21 yard TD pass as time expired, with the extra point to win it, with OSU v. USC. I didn't even get to 1000.
seriously? that sucks
Old 08-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

My Indiana beat Purdue 75-72 in 7 overtimes. I think the greatest game score was in the 1300s, I was thinking it would be way higher.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2006, 03:46 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I got robbed on my GG. #2 Neb vs. #11 Oregon(me)
Down 27-7 at half, storm back to take the lead in the 4th, but they find a way to score + 2,so they are up a touch with under 2 mins left. I march down and score, leaving only a half minute remaining. On the 2nd play of the drive,I take a risk and take control of Willie Glasper and pick it off. I set up a 54 yrd field goal in 14mph wind and barey hook it in over the bottom right cross bar.....only got 750 points...wtf? plus i lose all my instant classics after i save the profile and turn off the game,what gives?
Old 08-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmoneyH3
I got robbed on my GG. #2 Neb vs. #11 Oregon(me)
Down 27-7 at half, storm back to take the lead in the 4th, but they find a way to score + 2,so they are up a touch with under 2 mins left. I march down and score, leaving only a half minute remaining. On the 2nd play of the drive,I take a risk and take control of Willie Glasper and pick it off. I set up a 54 yrd field goal in 14mph wind and barey hook it in over the bottom right cross bar.....only got 750 points...wtf? plus i lose all my instant classics after i save the profile and turn off the game,what gives?
I think it might be a glitch in the game, I lost all of mine the other day too

Old 08-14-2006, 04:12 AM   #14
Rookie

One more and this time my highest...

Stanford(me) vs. Notre Dame #3, year 5 of my dynasty
Second game of the year after beating previous number 3 Georgia in our first game. Well it was a battle of defenses as only 2 touchdowns were scored.

Final score: 13(me)-10...

Classic score: 2085
Old 08-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #15
Kez
Rookie

I guess I'll chime in since I finally have a noteworthy game to tell about.

Season 2 of my Campus Legend career for Iowa State. The Cyclones are undefeated at 7-0 having just surprisingly manhandled an elite Longhorns team. Coming up: southern division nemesis Oklahoma. At least it was at home.

This was one of those games where you got the feeling that the computer was stacking the deck against you because Oklahoma simply mauled Iowa State in the first half. Cyclone offense was held to ~50 total yards and freshman QB tossed 3 interceptions. Halftime score 31 to 3. Big time Oklahoma.

Dejected, I kind of threw in the towel at halftime and subbed in the backup QB who was also a freshman but a couple of points lower in rating. With the halftime cut in momentum, I was thinking at least the backup could try to hold his own.

The Sooners stalled on their first drive of the 2nd half but so did Iowa State on theirs. The Cyclone defense seemed to have picked it up a little at halftime. Maybe it was just the Sooners trying to coast to a big victory. With half the 3rd quarter gone, Oklahoma scored again to make it 38-3 but surprisingly the momentum meter didn't fill. Even more suprisingly was Iowa State's quick strike answer to make it 38-10 before the quarter ran out.

The 4th quarter is where it all happened. This is why I'll remember this game for a long time. The Cyclones' offense began to generate some yardage and quickly scored at the start of the quarter to make it 38-17. Desperate, I tried an onside kick with more than 4 minutes left in the (5-minute) quarter. I never succeed at onside kicks. At least not in previous versions of the game.

But...SUCCESS! Onside recovered!

Big pass....touchdown Cyclones! 38-24 with just under 4 minutes to go. Geez, can I actually come back? Let's try back-to-back onside kicks for the hell of it. (Carefully putting the kick meter in the exact same spot as before...)

SUCCESS AGAIN! Recovered! A couple big plays later and it's touchdown Iowa State! 38-31!! Unbelievable. At least it's going to be a respectable loss.

Onside kick again. No luck. Oklahoma recovers and with just under 3 minutes in the game, excellent field position. The crowd, which was previously delirious, goes silent.

But Iowa State holds them to 3 and out and by burning a timeout has just over 2 minutes to try for the tie! Backup freshman QB has been going bonkers with bombs. Can he do it again!?

The Oklahoma defense is getting wary. The d-backs are playing deep now to protect agains the pass. I decide to start a series of sideline duck and chucks to gain yards and kill the clock quickly. The Cyclones drive deep into Sooner territory with hardly any time off the clock. There is still a minute and a half to go when the Cyclones call an off-tackle run that suprises Oklahoma and the running back bursts through for a game-tying touchdown! Amazing! 38-38!!

Looking ahead to Overtime, Iowa State kicks off deep to Oklahoma who promptly squanders their drive with a 3-and-out courtesy of a renewed Cyclone defense. Iowa State receives the punt with 40 seconds and 80 yards to go!

But DISASTER!

Iowa State receiver fumbles the ball after a catch and Oklahoma recovers inside Iowa State territory! Less than 30 seconds to go and Oklahoma can get within field goal range with a short catch or two! Cyclone fans are booing relentlessly as the Sooner sideline erupts.

38-38 with 30 seconds on the clock. Oklahoma QB drops back...throws over the MIDDLE!?...and it's PICKED OFF!! by sophomore LB Kez (me!!!) and returned to midfield!

20 or so seconds left in the game and Iowa State is at midfield! Oklahoma is shifting their secondary over to my #1 receiver. Looks like he's doubled if not triple covered...

Ticking off receivers...I spot my slot man rocketing downfield, he's got his man beat by a step!! Rocketing off a long bomb, the QB hits the receiver in stride as he hops over the d-backs last desperate attempt at a tackle.

TOUCHDOWN!! IOWA STATE 45-38 with 13 seconds left in the game!!

Oklahoma did nothing on the ensuing kickoff and drive. Victory ISU!!

Thus was the greatest comeback of any video game I've ever played. 42 unanswered 2nd half points by the back-up QB who passed for nearly 500 yards in one half of work.

45-38. Un-be-lievable.

Instant Classic score: 1938.

(sorry for length! Darn fun remembering though!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 04:10 AM   #16
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Just had my second Instant classic. Alabama vs Arkansas, triple overtime.

We went in tied 21-21. Arkansas gets the ball first and promptly takes it in. The Tide dig deep though and after a clutch 4th down conversion on a completion from Wilson to rookie receiver Champ Brown, they manage to get in for the tying score on a pass to another rookie halfback Adam Clayton. Second overtime here we come!

Tide gets the ball to start the second and after a couple of extremely bad plays (or extremely good if your the Hogs), we turn the ball over. At this point, I'm feeling like it's over so I am preparing myself to accept defeat and move on. But the kicker misses! w00t!

Third overtime, the Tide plays great D, especially standout MLB Prince Hall, who makes two nice tackles for loss. We hold on third down and Arkansas opts for the field goal to take the lead 31-28.

Now I'm feeling the pressure, but at the same time feeling good about my chances. I call a few run plays and get a first down. Next I call a play action pass to rookie Clayton out of the backfield. He catches it and takes it in to the 1. I'm getting more and more excited. I bring in my goal line ofense and prepare to let Clayton sail over the D for the win. I hand the ball off, he leaps...and right before his legs leave the ground the ball comes out! There's a scramble for the loose ball and it ends up in the center's, Evan Cardwell's, hands and his momentum takes him into the endzone for the score!

Tide wins 34-31
Greatness Score: 1598.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »