Home

(360) The Only Thing That is Killing This Game (And My Dynasty) Is...

This is a discussion on (360) The Only Thing That is Killing This Game (And My Dynasty) Is... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 08:47 PM   #17
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: I've played two seasons with UM and haven't had...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barky
any slowdown (360 version). I have had terrible slowdown online, though.
Internet connection and/or EA servers probably.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #18
Rookie

Darth Dorn's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I've played two seasons with UM and haven't had...

The onlytime I've experienced slowdown so far is at at night game on the play call screen. It seems to sputter a bit there. Otherwise, none.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #19
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: (360) The Only Thing That is Killing This Game (And My Dynasty) Is...

I haven't seen any slowdown - day, night, bad weather or at Michigan. Maybe you need to adjust the settign on the 360 for SDTV?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #20
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I've had no slowdown at anytime on a HDTV.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #21
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I haven't seen any slowdown - day, night, bad weather or at Michigan. Maybe you need to adjust the settign on the 360 for SDTV?
This response is really starting to piss me off....how is it my TV? It is an SDTV that has NO other issues with any other games. I have never heard of a game having slowdown because of an SDTV, and even, so I have stated before that my TV runs all of my other games fine. As I said in a previous post it is either my XBOX360 or it is the game itself. Obviously others are having slowdown issues in Michigan stadium so is it too far out of the realm of possibility for me to be seeing slowdown issues in other places also? For the last time IT'S NOT MY TV!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #22
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

This has nothing to do with ones TV...I am seeing the same thing on the following equipment :

Hitachi 51s500
360 @ 1080i

I use UGA for my dynasty and it runs smooth as butter during day games, the framerate drops a tad (player control is a bit sluggish at this point) when the stadium lights kick on. Its not a 10 fps drop, but it is noticeable.

It's not your TV, nor is it only Michigan that is impacted...it happens at most of the bigger stadiums during any games that have the stadium lights active. I think its the shadows involved with the stadium lights, being that they cast 4 soft shadows per player vs 1 when its just sunlight from an angle.

Last edited by CptObvious; 08-08-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #23
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
This has nothing to do with ones TV...I am seeing the same thing on the following equipment :

Hitachi 51s500
360 @ 1080i

I use UGA for my dynasty and it runs smooth as butter during day games, the framerate drops a tad (player control is a bit sluggish at this point). Its not a 10 fps drop, but it is noticeable.

It's not your TV, nor is it only Michigan that is impacted...it happens at most of the bigger stadiums during any games that have the stadium lights active. I think its the shadows involved with the stadium lights, being that they cast 4 soft shadows per player vs 1 when its just sunlight from an angle.
All that I can say to this is...THANK YOU. Finally someone else can confirm that they are experiencing the same thing that I am. We can now put to rest all of this ludicrous "it's your Standard Definition TV" talk, and narrow the problem down to it being either the game itself, or certain XBOX360 DVD drives being funky just like some current gen XBOXes. The question now is whether a replacement disk is the solution or not. Even though it could be a coding issue (even though only some are seeing the problem) I don't see how a replacement disk would solve the problem. I may call EA tech support and see what they have to say, and then contact MS to find out if my DVD drive may be kinda funky....I doubt it though, I think that the game itself is the problem.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:06 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
All that I can say to this is...THANK YOU. Finally someone else can confirm that they are experiencing the same thing that I am. We can now put to rest all of this ludicrous "it's your Standard Definition TV" talk, and narrow the problem down to it being either the game itself, or certain XBOX360 DVD drives being funky just like some current gen XBOXes. The question now is whether a replacement disk is the solution or not. Even though it could be a coding issue (even though only some are seeing the problem) I don't see how a replacement disk would solve the problem. I may call EA tech support and see what they have to say, and then contact MS to find out if my DVD drive may be kinda funky....I doubt it though, I think that the game itself is the problem.
I'd say it's your game as I haven't seen any difference whatsoever between day and night games and how they play frame-rate wise.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »