Home

Those stupid voters!

This is a discussion on Those stupid voters! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Those stupid voters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles32789
In 2004, Utah was undefeated and finished 6th, behind 3 unbeaten teams and 2 teams with one loss. Not sure what logic EA uses, but this sometimes happens in real life.
Because they didn't beat anyone that was good.

I don't know how you guys can make excuses, it's merely bad AI.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #10
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, if it is merely bad AI, then I guess those who vote for the polls and BCS also have bad AI, because crap like that happens all the time in real life. Playoff system anyone?

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #11
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

PCA(ified 10) teams surely were happy when strength of schedule wasn't considered as when that conference is your base (as compared to the SEC or SEC) they have a weak schedule. Kinda like Boise State, weak schedule every year.

I wish that the rankings didn't start coming out until early September as some teams that are the best in the country (such as National Champ in my 2004 book, Auburn) were ranked so low to start the season to begin with. Heck, what would really make me happy is a playoff system :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #12
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What were you ranked at the beginning of the year? It seems that its a real uphill climb to get ranked high if you start out really low. Its almost like you need a good year just to earn respect and then have a good shot at the NC the next year.
I began the season ranked #7. Not too big of a climb. Arizona State started #15. Again, not too big a climb either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUFan2004
but who were the other 7 teams you played?
Ranked Teams- Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Miami, Penn State, and Louisville

Unranked Teams- Duke, Florida State, North Carolina, Clemson, Tennessee, Arizona, and Ole Miss.

I would think the schedule strength would be pretty high, but maybe there's a bias toward teams from big conferences.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

I would think that the uncertainty of the BCS in reality would certainly make this very believable in game.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:16 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereliched
Well, if it is merely bad AI, then I guess those who vote for the polls and BCS also have bad AI, because crap like that happens all the time in real life. Playoff system anyone?
No, it doesn't. You don't drop from 2 to 3 after beating the #11 team unless the #3 team bombed a top 10 team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »