Home

Defensive Scheme

This is a discussion on Defensive Scheme within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25
Defensive Scheme

Tell me about your defensive scheme!

The 4-3 is my base set, and I run the Nickel in obvious passing situations or against 4-5 Wr sets. I play lots of zone defense, and like to blitz out of zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Defensive Scheme

I run a 4-3 Cover 2 as my base defense. Out of the nickel, Im almost strictly a cover 3 guy. I like to run alotta blitzes out of the 4-4 too
Old 08-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

I like playing 4-3 on first and second unles they come out with more than three recievers. If they have four recievers I usually play Dime or quarter. I like to play man coverage and blitz here and there. I would like to use zone more than I do but the AI of the db's is just pathetic. I always get beat by corner routes or deep balls in zone coverage. Other times it works well and I get a pick or deflection.

I'm playing one the 360 on heisman and some games I can damn near shut them out but others it seems to be an unrealistic shoot out where no defense will stop them. It is pretty damn annoying. THe computer players take some the worst angles I have seen. I hate when players get all clogged up in the middle and it seems imposible to get to the outside to stop a wr screen or a run they bounce outside. When I have my best games on D it is because I get pressure on the QB. I had 9 sacks with one of my DE which is crazy. I aslo hate the fact that I can't see the outside recievers on D while the play is going on. I don't know if it beacuse I'm playing on a SDTV and not a widescreen HD. I can stop the passes in the middle of the field but I have to depend on the comp. DB's on the outside. Alright I'm done ranting.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan78
Tell me about your defensive scheme!

The 4-3 is my base set, and I run the Nickel in obvious passing situations or against 4-5 Wr sets. I play lots of zone defense, and like to blitz out of zone.
I play mostly zone blitzes. I like the fire and thunder blitzes. I have an impact LE and an awesome LOLB so I really hit hard on that side. When I'm playing safe I go with a cover 2 man. If the other team has an awesome WR that has been burning me, he gets doubled quite a bit. If the team has a scrambling QB, I usually run the 4-3 and hot route my MLB to be a spy and I control him with one of my other two LB's blitzing.

I don't think I've ever used the 3-4 and I use the 4-4 a lot against teams with stud HBs like Arkansas. I use the dime every now and then like when I see a 5-WR package come out. But I usually blitz a corner on the weak side in those situations if it is long yardage.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I use the 4-3 as my base, normally in a cover 2 man. I don't blitz a whole lot because with my current team, my safeties aren't very good, and I don't trust them manning up on anyone. I will run some blitzes, but it doesn't seem like I get through very often.

If the offense comes out with 3 or 4 WR, I will almost always come out in Nickel or Dime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2

I like to run man against a long field, and zone against a short field. Man cover 2 is great against the deep ball. If I can contain the run with my LBs, I feel I have a good chance at stopping the offense.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #7
Rookie

aaronuconn's Arena

OVR: 2

I use the 4-4 most of the game. Unless im going up against Texas Tech or something.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #8
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

I use the 3-3-5. There's a good variety of pressure packages with this defense that are quite effective at disrupting the offensive blocking schemes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »