Home

How do I properly use my 6'7 wide recievers height?

This is a discussion on How do I properly use my 6'7 wide recievers height? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
How do I properly use my 6'7 wide recievers height?

This is that awesome Wr prospect from Indiana. I can get him about 60-70 catches a year by using his big body like s shield on slants and curls and medium range balls, but how do I make his height an asset in the endzone and on deep balls? It's like he never jumps. Maybe seen him jump 2-3, and this is with my manually hitting Y. In real life he had 10 TD catches his freshman year and this is because of his towering height. But when I try and do this he just does some pointless animation instead of jumping. Therefore I only got him 3 TD catches for the season. Is there another button I should be hitting to make this guy jump for it? Thank you

P.S. This is on xbox 360

Last edited by Maxchp22; 08-09-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: How do I properly use my 6'7 wide recievers height?

his height should come into play on passes over his shoulder, fly routes, corner routes.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
his height should come into play on passes over his shoulder, fly routes, corner routes.

Yeah, that's what I figured. But 90% of the time he'll do a spin around animation and let the ball soar past, instead of draggin his nuts up the DB's chest and snaggin it in mid-air. Did they program this on purpose to eliminate domination on lob passes?
Old 08-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

I just hit up on the Dpad and the reciever usually goes up and gets it for me, the corner route is also good.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
Banned

Good tip with the D-pad. That could very well be where I'm messing up. I never even thought of that, I just figured if I hit Y the reciever would take care of the rest a la Madden 2006. Thanks bud
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

[quote=Maxchp22] instead of draggin his nuts up the DB's chest and snaggin it in mid-air.<---Hilarious!!! :y4:
Old 08-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #7
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

I have Marcus Monk on Ark who is 6'6" I believe and I just hit up on the left joystick and press Y to catch. When I throw to him in coverage I throw high b/c I know he can grab it before Mr. 5'10" CB can.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxracer23x
I just hit up on the Dpad and the reciever usually goes up and gets it for me, the corner route is also good.

so what do you do just take control of the receiver and hit up on the d-pad or do you have to press Y as well?

Im interested just because i signed a 6'7 receiver today, even though he was only a 3 star

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »