Home

Great Athlete, Bad Football Player

This is a discussion on Great Athlete, Bad Football Player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #9
Rookie

aaronuconn's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Great Athlete, Bad Football Player

It will sometimes to goofy stuff to players atributes, but sometimes it will help. A 88 rated WR I changed to a TE became a 93. This is just his overall rating though.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #10
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

I really like recruiting them just to see what I get. My first year I get a 5 star athlete with crazy stats: 6'5" 240 with good strength and speed and a 4 star speedy guy, 6'1" or 6'2" with really good speed. The bigger guy is an 80 immediately as a FB and a 70 at a lot of other positions, I end up sticking him at FB. The speedy guy becomes a CB. They are both JRs now and starting for me.

My favorite was a 5 star athlete I got the following year. 6'0" <200 with great speed. Turns out he is an 85 DE, so I move him there. Unfortunately he tears his PCL in the first half of his first game as a true freshman. Oh well, he is in his sophomore year now and wrecking havoc with his speed. He gets pushed around a lot, but he is still good for a sack a game and some good run stops.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #11
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

i got a 2 star athl. that played as a 74 overall Qb not too bad for a 2 star
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would never be able to play a 6'2 200lb player at DE. Way to unrealistic for me.

I get mad when I see a DE under the regular recruiting that is only 215lbs or so. Crazy. I can see 245 or something like that but 200?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #13
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Check out the sizes of some DE's on rivals.com...there are actually quite a few of them out there at 215-220 range. The thing is, a lot of these kids add on a lot of weight once they get into the high level strength programs. The problem is, they don't put on much weight in NCAA '07...I think it's like 3-5 lbs/year in most cases.

Does the game even take weight into account or does it just use the strength rating? Surely weight must mean something.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #14
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yeah, I'm always sucked in by these kind of guys, and every once in a while a get a real gem, but usually they have one fatal weakness that leads to me them being a career backup or not starting until they are a redshirt senior.
lol, yeah those ATH players always get me but than turn out to exactly what you sai "backup players" but hey sometimes you get a nice one.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #15
Rookie

aaronuconn's Arena

OVR: 2

Ya, I agree with you RoyceDa59, and jfsolo, I never sem to get the "gem", I always get them, and they play best in a position im already stacked in.

P.S, Love your name RoyceDa59.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »