Home

Tough situation here for my dynasty, could use some input

This is a discussion on Tough situation here for my dynasty, could use some input within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Tough situation here for my dynasty, could use some input

Was playing the #1 ranked team in the nation Michigan against my unranked Indiana boys for the 9th game of the season. Game went back and forth the whole way, with Michigan in the lead in the 4th quarter 14-10 with just under 4 minutes to play. On a 2nd and 10 I roll out with my qb and hit my star reciever mid-stride for an 80 yard TD pass. As soon as he gets into the end zone and start to go down on one knee, the game freezes and I get that Dirty Disc bull****. Microsoft won't even take the blame when their system ****s up. So therein lies the problem. Momentum was mine with 3-4 minutes left to go in the game, but Michigan certainly could have come back and won.

What would be the correct way to go about this? Should I sim the game, or replay it (really not a good-looking option right now when I just poured my heart into this game). If I sim, I'll surely get the loss against #1 ranked Michigan. Man this blows, never had a freezing problem on my old xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 03:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tough situation here for my dynasty, could use some input

Stuff happens. Happened to me in a big game I was getting spanked in and I screamed out for joy .

Just replay it and act as if it never happened.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I say replay it. At least you'll have a full game scouting report on Michigan. Oh and 1 last thing BEAT THEIR AZZ!!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Re-Play it. Similar thing happened to me with Alabama. I'm playing Tennessee, who is #1 as well, and i get a first down with 10 seconds left. I take a timeout and pick a FG play as I go to kick it, the announcers go and that's the game, the final score... I was like WHAT!!!! They took my timeout but didn't stop the clock! I still haven't played that game yet, probably will tonight. So F'n pissed!.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #5
Rookie

i would replay it inless you have little time to play and want to carry on with the dynstay then i would just sim and if u loose just reload it and sim and repeat intil u win because u would of won your game against them so it would not be fair for u for it to count as a lost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchp22
Was playing the #1 ranked team in the nation Michigan against my unranked Indiana boys for the 9th game of the season. Game went back and forth the whole way, with Michigan in the lead in the 4th quarter 14-10 with just under 4 minutes to play. On a 2nd and 10 I roll out with my qb and hit my star reciever mid-stride for an 80 yard TD pass. As soon as he gets into the end zone and start to go down on one knee, the game freezes and I get that Dirty Disc bull****. Microsoft won't even take the blame when their system ****s up. So therein lies the problem. Momentum was mine with 3-4 minutes left to go in the game, but Michigan certainly could have come back and won.

What would be the correct way to go about this? Should I sim the game, or replay it (really not a good-looking option right now when I just poured my heart into this game). If I sim, I'll surely get the loss against #1 ranked Michigan. Man this blows, never had a freezing problem on my old xbox.
Same happened to me, ND vs Purdue, up 34 - 0, midway thru 3rd QT, ready to kick ep and it froze up on me at the selection screen. I got no problem replaying a game after this. Not the first time it's frozen up on me.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:22 PM   #7
Banned

Yeah I'll replay it eventually, I just have no motivation to do it right now. You guys are right, it's what needs to be done. Thankfully I have another dynasty going that I can satisfy my jones with.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqs
Stuff happens. Happened to me in a big game I was getting spanked in and I screamed out for joy .

Just replay it and act as if it never happened.
Same thing happened to me. #7 Penn State was smashing my Illini. Game froze and I thought...THIS IS AWESOME.

Penn State then proceded to hand me a 31-17 loss in the replayed game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »