Home

Do you use JTS against FGs and XPs? (360)

This is a discussion on Do you use JTS against FGs and XPs? (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Do you use JTS against FGs and XPs? (360)

The JTS seems to work too well against FGs and XPs. I have decided never to use the JTS against FGs and XPs unless the game is on the line. Using JTS does not mean an automatic block, but the probability of a block does increase.

Anyways, the "game on the line" scenario came into play for me last night. I (SDSU) was up 34-27 against Wisconsin. Wisconsin scores a touchdown with literally :02 seconds on the clock. I use the JTS to block the XP and win the game 34-33. Yet somehow the win feels hollow... as if I cheated because I used the JTS.

Do you guys use JTS against FGs and XPs? Do you have some sort of house rules when using the JTS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Do you use JTS against FGs and XPs? (360)

I've yet to block a kick using JTS, just when my LB who's lined up to the left has a clear path (and huge hole to run through) and just speeds in and drills their kicker.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

On AA (PS2), I never use jump the snap since I feel its way too easy to blow up the CPU OL and wreck a play. Its far too arcade-like that lacks a middle ground (where is the average jump?). We need an option to turn it off.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
On AA (PS2), I never use jump the snap since I feel its way too easy to blow up the CPU OL and wreck a play. Its far too arcade-like that lacks a middle ground (where is the average jump?). We need an option to turn it off.
I'm playing on Heisman w/ adjusted sliders on both 360 and PS2. I rarely, if ever, use the JTS on defense. If the game is on the line or during big 3rd down plays, I might press the JTS button, but I always play as the FS or SS. I'm not sure, but I think it still gets my DL to jump because I remember one of my CPU controlled DL had gotten an offsides or encroachment penalty. The frequency of blowing up a play with JTS on defense has been hit or miss (for me) and doesn't seem as prevalent as blocking FGs and XPs with JTS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »