Home

Do you think we have grounds to sue EA?

This is a discussion on Do you think we have grounds to sue EA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #17
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Do you think we have grounds to sue EA?

[quote=MassNole] Then again, the problem could be with Microsoft using crap companies like Samsung and Hitachi to make the disk drives for the 360, after full well knowing these companies produced crappy drives with the Xbox that lead to a lot of the same problems.QUOTE]

Hitachi is not a crap company. Pretty much open any Japanese audio equipment and tell me if you see the Hitachi emblem inside some of the components.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan78
Note to self: Good move not buying the 360!
Note to self: Some poor guy in TN is stuck in the late 90's.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:12 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Irrelevant. Whatever statistic you pull out, they will pull out 100 more and they will beat you over the head with the fact that 99% of people don't have their 360's fried by the game.
We have 2 people just on this board complaining about it which makes me think the problem is more than 1% of the units. I have seen reports on other sites of this particular game causing trouble with the 360, and as such there is a reason for the malfunction other than the 360 randomly having trouble after this game was played. And just because EA can pull out statistics showing something else doesn't mean they automatically win. I just need to show that this game was more likely than not the cause of the damage, which can easily be done.

Quote:
Doubtful considering most of the "evidence" is anectodal at best. Can you PROVE it's the game causing the problem? Can you duplicate it at will?
I don't need to duplicate at will, I just need to show in that particular instance that the game caused the damage when it did.

Quote:
Still won't matter.
Yeah, I am sure a group of 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty can't be convinced EA acted negligently in their production and have not and likely will not do anything to resolve the problem.

Quote:
They aren't "crap" companies at all. In fact, they are probably some of the better optical drive makers in the world today. You need to learn more about electronics if you are gonna label those two as crap. You haven't seen a crap drive until you look at some of Thomson's junk.
Which is why MS is having trouble with them for the second system? Their drives had problems with the original Xbox and now again the 360. If others are worse I shudder to think how awful they in fact are. The bottom line is MS took bids on this and went with the cheapest ones, not necessarily the best one.

Quote:
Why would Microsoft care? Besides, they won't take your side in this.
If a lawsuit came down to EA or Microsoft doing something negligently that caused problems with the unit I am sure MS would not be siding with EA and admit fault. Remember, MS is on the verge of being sued for issues with their first shipment of 360's and defects they are alleged to have known about. I think they'd jump at the chance to lay some blame on EA. I know their customer service reps were quick to blame EA for the problem when I called.

Quote:
You're living in dreamland my friend.
A jury in Alabama gave several million dollars in punitive damages over a botched paint job on a BMW, to believe it wouldn't be available for a machine most people buy as a means to reduce stress is laughable.

Quote:
Yeah right. You're talking out a certain body orifice now and there is no reason to think, with the pittance of "evidence" you have shown here, that any of that would happen. The more likely scenario is you get trounced and have a mountain of legal bills.
Because you have any sort of expertise to back this up of course?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #20
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

If it's such an easy case to win, why haven't you filed the lawsuit?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 08-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #21
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
We have 2 people just on this board complaining about it which makes me think the problem is more than 1% of the units. I have seen reports on other sites of this particular game causing trouble with the 360, and as such there is a reason for the malfunction other than the 360 randomly having trouble after this game was played. And just because EA can pull out statistics showing something else doesn't mean they automatically win. I just need to show that this game was more likely than not the cause of the damage, which can easily be done.
Prove it. You have to be able to take a 360 and make this happen, showing that it indeed is the game, before a lawyer is even gonna address taking this to court.

Quote:
I don't need to duplicate at will, I just need to show in that particular instance that the game caused the damage when it did.
And how praytell are you going to be able to do that?

Quote:
Yeah, I am sure a group of 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty can't be convinced EA acted negligently in their production and have not and likely will not do anything to resolve the problem.
You're not listening. You have to be able to show that the game screws up 360's before anyone will give you a penny and YOU CANNOT DO THAT!!!!

Quote:
Which is why MS is having trouble with them for the second system? Their drives had problems with the original Xbox and now again the 360. If others are worse I shudder to think how awful they in fact are. The bottom line is MS took bids on this and went with the cheapest ones, not necessarily the best one.
Who said they were having trouble with them? The early 360's with problems were mostly heat related. Regardless of your opinion of said companies, they are known for being quality manufacturers and their word in court will carry more weight than yours if it came down to that.

Quote:
If a lawsuit came down to EA or Microsoft doing something negligently that caused problems with the unit I am sure MS would not be siding with EA and admit fault. Remember, MS is on the verge of being sued for issues with their first shipment of 360's and defects they are alleged to have known about. I think they'd jump at the chance to lay some blame on EA.
That's a hypothetical if I have ever seen one.

Quote:
Their customer service reps were quick to blame EA for the problem when I called.
Well now it's a slam duck, thats all the proof you will need.

Quote:
A jury in Alabama gave several million dollars in punitive damages over a botched paint job on a BMW, to believe it wouldn't be available for a machine most people buy as a means to reduce stress is laughable.
You're still in dreamland. It ain't gonna happen pal.

Quote:
Because you have any sort of expertise to back this up of course?
My expertise is in seeing folks on a message board get their panties in a wad over something they cannot prove. It's always the other guys fault, never any other factors in play, but at the end of the day, until you can physically PROVE that it's the game, then there is no use in debating this, and as such, I won't waste any more time discussing this.

Last edited by fantasysportsguy; 08-11-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #22
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

The orginal XBox had Thompson drives and they were the crappy ones. Samsung and Phillips were the other two. Hitachi never was in the original. The key here is to get the facts straight. Do you have aspirations of working for the Globe?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #23
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Pssh. Some guy on a message board has a problem and you post something like that? Come on. Got a bit of news for you, however bad you think the 360 is (and it hasn't been that bad as far as fail rate goes), the PS2, when it first came out, was worse, and I doubt after what, six years now, anyone in here would say they regretted buying it.
Opinions are like *** holes. We all have one. I'm glad I didn't buy the 360. Deal with it!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #24
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I haven't had any problems with NCAA on my 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »