Home

Is Everyone Pretty Happy With This Game?

This is a discussion on Is Everyone Pretty Happy With This Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #9
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Is Everyone Pretty Happy With This Game?

extremely
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well, this is the first game they put out since '04 that hasn't' had any glaring issues. You couldn't catch a pass in '05, and '06 had the horrible stat engine.

Are there things they could have done better? Yes. But does anything really wrong stick out that hurts playing the game? Not really.

Note I'll say this. I'm playing it on the current generation xbox. It's probably been the best version they put out to date. However, if I had a 360, I'd be feeling a little down about the entire system. EA and Microsoft want me to buy into the 360, and that is what they have to try and win my dollars? EA hasn't shown me anything to want to get a 360. Madden isn't looking any better on the 360, however I expect a decent game from the current gen.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:58 PM   #11
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

The only problem I have with this game is sometimes when you go to tackle, they do a automatic hit-stick and it causes alot of broken tackles for really big runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #12
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm very pleased, it is the best version since they have Carson Palmer on the cover(was that '04?). I have alraedy gone further in my dynasty than I did any of the past 2 or 3 versions of this game, simply because I actually lose games even after winning the National Championship. Usually when you hit the top in a sports game, you never lose again, I was floored.

It has issues, but nothing that ruins the game, it is fun and challanging and it will keep my attention for a long time.

edit: I have xbox verison.

Last edited by CM1847; 08-11-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Pretty well pleased with this game on XBox. Only wish it had more ESPN junk in it.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm very pleased with the X-Box version......Not so much with the 360 version......
Old 08-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm pleased with both the 360 and ps2 versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #16
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
Well, this is the first game they put out since '04 that hasn't' had any glaring issues. You couldn't catch a pass in '05, and '06 had the horrible stat engine.

Are there things they could have done better? Yes. But does anything really wrong stick out that hurts playing the game? Not really.
This pretty much sums up my feelings. This version restored my faith in the title after two awful years (Xbox). Another thing worth mentioning that 07 has even over 04 is the recruiting is more challenging. In 04 it was too easy to rack up blue chippers.

As much as I dig the photos of the 360 version, I decided long ago to wait until next year to buy a 360, figuring the second iteration of NCAA would be a big improvement over the first in next-gen. And by that time they hopefully will have made tremendous strides with the third version of Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »