Home

Do you ever feel you made your team too good too fast?

This is a discussion on Do you ever feel you made your team too good too fast? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Do you ever feel you made your team too good too fast?

Im in year 4 now with Northwestern.

year 1: 9-3 (outback bowl win vs Bama)
year 2: 9-3 (outback bowl win vs South Carolina)
year 3: 13-0 (orange bowl win over USC)

Now in year 4 im 4-0 with wins over #12 Mizz, #4 UF and #9 Texas...Im thinking of restarting a new dynasty with a 1aa team...I just dont like dominating the competition. I am using Theaubs sliders and made them ALOT more difficult, so much so that it looks almost nothing like Theaubs anymore..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Do you ever feel you made your team too good too fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocanes44
Im in year 4 now with Northwestern.

year 1: 9-3 (outback bowl win vs Bama)
year 2: 9-3 (outback bowl win vs South Carolina)
year 3: 13-0 (orange bowl win over USC)

Now in year 4 im 4-0 with wins over #12 Mizz, #4 UF and #9 Texas...Im thinking of restarting a new dynasty with a 1aa team...I just dont like dominating the competition. I am using Theaubs sliders and made them ALOT more difficult, so much so that it looks almost nothing like Theaubs anymore..
what difficulty?

I'm doing an army dynasty, and feel the same way, even though I'm never beating top teams and havent dared to schedule a top 20 team yet. My 1st year I scheduled fluff and ran up the scores which helped my players progress probably too much the next season.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

It sounds like you might just need some recruiting house rules. It seems like dynasty mode is designed so that people will always elevate a team to national champions in a few seasons. It is fun, but not necessarily too realistic.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
It sounds like you might just need some recruiting house rules. It seems like dynasty mode is designed so that people will always elevate a team to national champions in a few seasons. It is fun, but not necessarily too realistic.
I haven't played a dynasty on '07, but I always use house rules on recruiting. I can only recruit players in my homestate, any state that borders my state, any state that hosts a school from my conference (i.e. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, and Iowa for the BigXII), and Texas, Florida, and California. That makes my recruiting very much regional, but also allows for me to recruit the three biggest talent pools, very much like real life. I've played dynasties like this with my friends for three years and it makes the dynasty much more realistic. Try it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »