Home

Any Pass Coverage Tips?

This is a discussion on Any Pass Coverage Tips? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Any Pass Coverage Tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
I usually play the MLB and let the cpu cover the outsides. In a man to man play i usually let the cpu handle it because i end up getting burned when they change directions. Its just easier to be closer to the line and put pressure on the QB while the cpu handles the WR.

Yeah, I find it is best to stay out of the CPU Controlled DB's affairs. I will control my impact player unless he happens to be a CB, in which case I will control my best safety or LB.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:45 PM   #10
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

I think that the pass coverage AI is alot stronger in this year's version, meaning less hard work. But mixing man and zone is always good for me. Soon as the ball is thrown I switch to the defender on the ball.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I'm gonna give that a try when I get home today. It just seems like something is a bit off with current gen man coverage. I say current gen because I know in next gen there are separate rating for man and zone coverage.
I have found that awareness is HUGE in man coverage this year.

80 and above- rarely out of position, can totally shut down mediocre WR's

70-79-Can make a few plays, but you better have a solid pass rush-Has a lot of trouble with double moves.

69 or lower-Unless they are within your 10 yard line, play zone.

I'm more apt to take control of the low awareness guys because they will usually go into the wrong animations and give up the six, at least I can try to tackle the wideout after the low awareness guy has gotten way out of position.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 09:51 PM   #12
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

I usually only go for the pick if the guy is double covered, otherwise, I just knock it down.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

70-79-Can make a few plays, but you better have a solid pass rush-Has a lot of trouble with double moves.

I'm more apt to take control of the low awareness guys because they will usually go into the wrong animations and give up the six, at least I can try to tackle the wideout after the low awareness guy has gotten way out of position.
Interesting. FSU's year 1 DBs highest AWR rating is a 76 for J.R. Bryant. Now, with Fresno State, the 2 starting CBs (IP Marcus McCauley and Damon Jenkins) have AWR ratings of 87 and 80 respectively. I did have some success with it last night in that La.Tech game until I got beat deep then I went back to zone. I don't know if one of the other DBs got beat or one of my 2 starters. I'll look into it tonight. If AWR is the case then I can run man vs. 2-WR sets but zone for anything beyond.

Thanks for the info and I hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:17 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

One thing to remember about bump and run coverage is that it is a double edged sword. Yes, it delays a receiver's route and allows more time for you to get to the QB. However, be wary when going against teams with big stud receivers. They will more often than not run right through the CB and be ridiculously wide open.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #15
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

I like to get recruit fast athletes to play CB. The guys that are usually at FS by default. But they have a lot size and strength for a CB which fit in well with my cover 2 scheme. And I try to recruit really fast safeties.

Just to confirm, on the 360 its "A" to knock the ball down and "Y" to go for the pick right? Too many times I press the button only to watch nothing happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

Wow I came to the exact same conclusion a few days ago using the exact same numbering system...

If you have a guy that has an awareness at 70 or below then forget about it, don't ever think of playing man unless your facing a team with bad recievers, and even then i wouldn't advise it. I am currently playing with the houston cougars and except for my two safeties nobody in my seconday has awareness over 73 i think. My nickle and dime backs are in the low 60's, you should see the incredibly stupid things they do on defense. Yesterday one of my dime backs got juked so bad on an out and up he fell on the ground, i mean there was an actual animation for it.

I generally go for size and awareness over everything else in my seconday, generally everbody is at least 6 "0". Any corner shorter than that, while fast, is going to just be physicaly to small and get pushed around buy larger recievers. Georgia and Oregon come to mind here with both their outside recievers being at least 6 "3" and well just physically overpower a smaller corner no matter how good his rating is. Even if you jam big recievers they tend to just toss the guy aside and streak down the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »