Home

Any Pass Coverage Tips?

This is a discussion on Any Pass Coverage Tips? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2006, 12:25 AM   #1
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Any Pass Coverage Tips?

So do most of you play your secondary or just let the CPU in 1 on 1 coverage? I have the 360 version.

I find everytime I try and take control of my CB I end up loosing a step and giving up the big play. Is it better to let the CPU control your secondary?

Last edited by lnin0; 08-15-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 08:33 AM   #2
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Any Pass Coverage Tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
So do most of you play your secondary or just let the CPU in 1 on 1 coverage? I have the 360 version.

I find everytime I try and take control of my CB I end up loosing a step and giving up the big play. Is it better to let the CPU control your secondary?
I let the CPU control anyone in M2M, I will control a LB or Safety in a zone D though. I usually start on the DL and then switch off.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I switch control to the DB. Sometimes I get burned for it, but some games when I'm in the groove I really do good at knocking down passes or stepping in front and picking one off. Last year was really tough with pass coverage but I eventually became pretty good at stopping the passes when I learned to move a little early when swatting at a pass with my DB. From looking at replays it always looked like I was swatting a little late even though it felt right to me. Once I started swatting a little early and got the hang of it to make it feel natural I started doing well. This year's game seems to be about the same to me in those regards. It probably has something to do with swat button being a trigger button on the XBox that originally messed up my timing even though I thought I was defending at the right time.

I usually just swat at the balls when I'm in man to man coverage because I know if I screw up it could mean a touchdown. If I'm not in good position, I just let the cpu catch and then tackle if I have to. When I'm in a zone I usually try to step in front and get the INT if it is a good situation because I know I have those safeties back there to help me out a lot of times if I take myself out of the play trying for the pick.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

For me it changes from game to game. If I think I have a good chance of making the play myself, I'll switch and try to make something happen. Of course, if I whiff on a few tries and give up big gains, I just let the CPU do its thing. Sometimes the CPU will make plays that I can't pull off.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

If you have good corners and decent/good safeties, I would suggest playing bump and run coverage in man more time than not. The ideal combination is athletic corners and smart safeties, but as long as you secondary is good, definitely use tight coverage while in man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
If you have good corners and decent/good safeties, I would suggest playing bump and run coverage in man more time than not. The ideal combination is athletic corners and smart safeties, but as long as you secondary is good, definitely use tight coverage while in man.
I'm gonna give that a try when I get home today. It just seems like something is a bit off with current gen man coverage. I say current gen because I know in next gen there are separate rating for man and zone coverage.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

It is good to use tight man coverage for two reasons. The first is that if you can jam the receivers, it will give your D-Line and/or blitzing linebackers an extra split second to get to the QB. The second reason is that it seems on NCAA, it is better for your defender to be positioned between the receiver and the ball. By playing bump and run coverage, if the receiver get by the DB, the DB is still sometimes in good position to make an "NCAA" play on the ball.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I usually play the MLB and let the cpu cover the outsides. In a man to man play i usually let the cpu handle it because i end up getting burned when they change directions. Its just easier to be closer to the line and put pressure on the QB while the cpu handles the WR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »