Home

Does a Recruit's Discipline Matter at All on the 360 Version?

This is a discussion on Does a Recruit's Discipline Matter at All on the 360 Version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2006, 08:34 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Does a Recruit's Discipline Matter at All on the 360 Version?

I am in year two of my dynasty, and I have never seen any mention of my players discipline - good or bad or otherwise. It seems like discipline and academics haven't been implemented in the 360 version.

Still though, during recruiting, recruits get a rating for discipline. Right now, three of my current in-season recruits are rated as "poor" for discipline. In previous versions of the game, this would be a concern, as they would likely do things to gain negative attention from the NCAA (and fill the NCAA interest meter).

But, unless I am missing something, it really doesn't matter what your recruits are rated in discipline. Has anyone noticed if a player's discipline has any impact in the 360 version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Does a Recruit's Discipline Matter at All on the 360 Version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
I am in year two of my dynasty, and I have never seen any mention of my players discipline - good or bad or otherwise. It seems like discipline and academics haven't been implemented in the 360 version.

Still though, during recruiting, recruits get a rating for discipline. Right now, three of my current in-season recruits are rated as "poor" for discipline. In previous versions of the game, this would be a concern, as they would likely do things to gain negative attention from the NCAA (and fill the NCAA interest meter).

But, unless I am missing something, it really doesn't matter what your recruits are rated in discipline. Has anyone noticed if a player's discipline has any impact in the 360 version?
It doesn't matter at all. They also left in 'academics' as a pitch to new recruits and the recruit's GPA even though schools don't have an academic prestige rating in this year's game.

I think they just made it in for next year, when we can expect to have the full discipline and academic features added to the game.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

I think, probably wrong here but I'll say it anyway, that discipline factor in to whether or not the players develop to their full potential.
Excellent potential + Poor Discipline would mean hat there is a good chance he won't fully develop. Again, chances are I am wrong, but that's my best guess.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereliched
I think, probably wrong here but I'll say it anyway, that discipline factor in to whether or not the players develop to their full potential.
Excellent potential + Poor Discipline would mean hat there is a good chance he won't fully develop. Again, chances are I am wrong, but that's my best guess.
Ya - this is probably the way it is in this year's game, which means that discipline is basically irrelevant, since the only possible way you will see any impact from it is if potential is modified one way or the other.

I think Brian is right. This is probably something that they will expand for next year.

I really hope that they continue expanding dynasty mode. I feel like this year's version is really bare bones, and offers very little more than what was on the PS2/Xbox versions for the past several years, and even the PS1 versions from years ago.

Hopefully it will be like the difference between NCAA 2002 and 2003 for the PS2 - as 2003 was the first "next gen" dynasty mode back then.

I just hope they don't go the same direction as Madden seems to be going with the emphasis on the Superstar mode (i.e. Campus Legend or whatever its called on NCAA) in the 360/PS3 versions. Dynasty mode is so enjoyable, and it can become even more immersive (by developing rivalries with local schools and schools in your conference) without making it tedious.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Good points! I always took the discipline to mean being able to make heady plays in a game. For instance, a person with poor discpline will make mistakes like jumping offsides or creating penalties that really hurt his team, taking a shot at making a big play and missing, etc., while a good discipline player will do what "you" the coach would want him to do. Mot really sure, but it's a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #6
Rookie

its true cause i remember recruiting i guy with poor discipline and then th next year in training he went down 2 points instead of going up so i think it does affect if the player can grow to his full potential
Old 08-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles805
its true cause i remember recruiting i guy with poor discipline and then th next year in training he went down 2 points instead of going up so i think it does affect if the player can grow to his full potential
To be quite honest, I don't think 'discipline' has anything to do with potential. Each recruit has his own 'potential' rating that is only revealed if you scout the recruit.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:33 PM   #8
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBrockmeyer
To be quite honest, I don't think 'discipline' has anything to do with potential. Each recruit has his own 'potential' rating that is only revealed if you scout the recruit.
I agree. I think it's a rating that really has no relevance this year on the 360. Just like you said, hopefully it will come next year. Of course that will depend on EA including the academic/discipline feature on NCAA 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »