Home

How much does tailback size matter?

This is a discussion on How much does tailback size matter? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How much does tailback size matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
My problem is that I never have success running out of any formations except the I formation...any suggestions? I hate going to the well time after time, but I can't run at all otherwise.
I have success in all formations using a big bruising tailback. You just have to mix up the run and the pass. It might just be the RB I have because he is a total stud, so maybe after he graduates I won't have as much success.

Just keep at it run the ball 20-25 times a game and you should have close to a 100 yards rushing.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

You should be averaging about 130-150 yds/gm in college. Is this right?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #11
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Hard to say what is average for college ball since the styles vary so much. But I think that sounds pretty reasonable. There's probably a stat junkie out there somewhere who knows the NCAA average.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #12
Rookie

Another small tip is when running inside when you hit the hole, press up on the right joystick. This will make your guy lower his shoulder to plow people over. If you are using a smaller back. Hit right or left on the right joystick to make him juke around in there.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #13
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I wouldn't recommend juking in traffic...you'll be putting the ball on the ground in no time.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:52 PM   #14
Rookie

I don't have a problem with it. It just one little juke to free your guy up.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #15
Rookie

I think it depends on what kind of offense you like to run. You have to be careful when looking at the attributes of your backs. I've had a so called power back 6-1,220lbs who had the speed of 92 and I've had speed backs 5-8,210lbs with the speed of 91 and his break tackle was about that high. I like the shorter backs who weigh between 210lbs and 230lbs. They are tough to tackle and it's all about moving the sticks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 05:18 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 17

Yeah I dont agree with Rt. stick juking in traffic. Does not provide enough control of the back. I relegate the use of the stick jukes to only when I am in the open field. Instead, I like to use the shoulder trigger, (L and R) to subtle juke either left or right as i am near the LOS . This is great when using a smaller back as they really seem to find the creases more times than not. Also, I don't know if I am imagining this or not, but it seems to me that backs with higher awareness hit the holes better and cleaner when using the "subtle" juke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »