Home

Leading ncaa on interceptions : /

This is a discussion on Leading ncaa on interceptions : / within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2006, 05:55 AM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Leading ncaa on interceptions : /

I love ncaa but the Interceptions are crazy at this game...
I´m colorado, they had a decent D but i have my 2 players..1 S and 1 CB leading the ncaa in picks : /

I´m leading team totals for more than 10 picks to the 2nd team.

I already have picks at 0... but the CPU don´t stop throwings picks after picks...

This is at AA and Heisman... i tried both..... i don´t know what else to do... i love this game but this is killing me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2006, 07:49 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Leading ncaa on interceptions : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I love ncaa but the Interceptions are crazy at this game...
I´m colorado, they had a decent D but i have my 2 players..1 S and 1 CB leading the ncaa in picks : /

I´m leading team totals for more than 10 picks to the 2nd team.

I already have picks at 0... but the CPU don´t stop throwings picks after picks...

This is at AA and Heisman... i tried both..... i don´t know what else to do... i love this game but this is killing me.
Did you try increasing the computer's accuracy?
Old 08-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I posted this on another thread but I have practiced a little in dyansty and noticed that if you lower the def. aggressiveness setting under coach profile your computer controlled players will deflect the ball instead of trying to intercept.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Are you playing on the 360 or current gen?
Old 08-19-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Are you playing on the 360 or current gen?
Sorry... i´m playing Xbox 360 version. I didn´t have this issue with the current gen version btw.

Anyways.. no matter what i try.. my AI Teamates pick passes like crazy... the NCAA leader, my Saftey has 8 picks already and the next guy, My CB, has 6... then the rest of the league start at 4 : /

And i´m 10 picks over the 2nd best.... I don´t know what i have to do... and for worst, i don´t feel my DB play great.. sometimes they stand there watching the WR catch the pass.. but then they had those "miracles" interceptions... down after down.. is crazy !..

Also i have really bad stats at pancakes.. my Whole OL lead the BIg 12 (i´m colorado) wich is not very good...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

This is the reason why when I release my rosters there will be only a select few DB's that have 65 rating for catching. Guy's like Deion Sanders, Herb Adderly, Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey.

I have a scale that set's all DB's between 25-50 for catch ratings and LB's between 10-25. The Elit DB's will be set at 65 and LB's like Derrick Brooks or Julian Peterson at 25 MAX.

EA screwed up the ratings for catching because if you look at the overall ratings they have some LB's and DB's that are higher than WR's overall. I broke down every single rating in the game. They even have DT's that have Man Coverage skills off the charts. I guess because the QB's were too accurate last year in 06 EA decided to boost up the catch ratings for just about every defensive posistion in the game.

It was there way of bringing the BIG PLAY into the game coupled with the momentum meter effects. But I've seen a huge reduction in INT's simply by dropping the catch ratings down to a more realistic level for the defensive players. Now they still get picks but as often and they look to deflect passes more instead of pick them off.

I checked the stats for some of the top college DB's ever and half of them never even approach 15-20 INT's in their college career. Yet with the current ratings even if you lower the INT slider to ZERO you could have a DB pick off as many as 10 INT's in one year.

So, the problem isn't really the QBA this year.......I think EA finally got that right it's just that the DB's and LB's have inflated catch ratings. You could put some LB's at WR and they still catch the ball as if they played the posistion all their life with the way EA rated some of them overall.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:16 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This is the reason why when I release my rosters there will be only a select few DB's that have 65 rating for catching. Guy's like Deion Sanders, Herb Adderly, Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey.

I have a scale that set's all DB's between 25-50 for catch ratings and LB's between 10-25. The Elit DB's will be set at 65 and LB's like Derrick Brooks or Julian Peterson at 25 MAX.

EA screwed up the ratings for catching because if you look at the overall ratings they have some LB's and DB's that are higher than WR's overall. I broke down every single rating in the game. They even have DT's that have Man Coverage skills off the charts. I guess because the QB's were too accurate last year in 06 EA decided to boost up the catch ratings for just about every defensive posistion in the game.

It was there way of bringing the BIG PLAY into the game coupled with the momentum meter effects. But I've seen a huge reduction in INT's simply by dropping the catch ratings down to a more realistic level for the defensive players. Now they still get picks but as often and they look to deflect passes more instead of pick them off.

I checked the stats for some of the top college DB's ever and half of them never even approach 15-20 INT's in their college career. Yet with the current ratings even if you lower the INT slider to ZERO you could have a DB pick off as many as 10 INT's in one year.

So, the problem isn't really the QBA this year.......I think EA finally got that right it's just that the DB's and LB's have inflated catch ratings. You could put some LB's at WR and they still catch the ball as if they played the posistion all their life with the way EA rated some of them overall.
so there is no solution for this then ?

I´m not going to play around with the rostes, mainly because you can´t edit those D players who are recruit, so after a 2 or 3 season you will have the same problem again.

But i guess i´ll have to lived with it.. it sucks because interceptions are really important in a game outcome... if the AI throw 4 picks.. is really hard for them to win the game.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:06 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
so there is no solution for this then ?

I´m not going to play around with the rostes, mainly because you can´t edit those D players who are recruit, so after a 2 or 3 season you will have the same problem again.

But i guess i´ll have to lived with it.. it sucks because interceptions are really important in a game outcome... if the AI throw 4 picks.. is really hard for them to win the game.
I never get past 1-2 years so it doesn't really bother me. But you could just recruit guy's that don't have great hands or turn down your Aggressive slider for defense under coaching options.

The coaching strategy options basically tells your defenders how you want them react on the field. If you set it up to less conservative defensively they might not go for as many picks but attempt to just deflect the passes more often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »