Home

changing conferences for cpu-controlled teams in dynasty mode

This is a discussion on changing conferences for cpu-controlled teams in dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2006, 02:24 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Question changing conferences for cpu-controlled teams in dynasty mode

has anyone discovered a way to do this? i am coming to the end of my second season in the big 12, and i apologize to any bears fans from waco but BAYLOR IS HORRIBLE (D+) when most every other team is (at least somewhat) competetive...

i would love to see Baylor replaced by a Houston, TCU, Tulsa, North Texas, who knows, but I highly doubt in my ncaa football experience that the game would do this on its own... is there a way to "create" a coach for a team or two specific teams and get them to pull the ol' switcheroo? if so, how long do these created coaches have to be in those positions (i.e. when do you create them and can you delete them if you are successful, and does it mess up recruiting or anything like that)

i might just try it with a couple teams, but I would definitely appreciate hearing from someone who has played around with this already... thanx y'all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: changing conferences for cpu-controlled teams in dynasty mode

all you have to do is create a coach and take over the non bcs team that is highly ranked before the last bowl game (this is what i do).
after the last bowl game, you sometimes get conference invites. the most i've ever gotten at one time is 3.
i usually just create a coach for the top 10 non bcs teams and hope i get 1 invite.
after the invites i go back to the coach screen and delete all the created coaches except for my team of course.

the only thing it messes up is now the team that you created a coach for might have a change in offensive or defensive schemes. example: if TCU is top 10 in your game and you create a coach for them, they might start running the run and gun which is not what they do by default.

hope that helps.

Last edited by rollinphat; 08-22-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:02 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

thanks for the input, it's good to hear... now i could just leave the created coach and just auto-reorder depth chart and leave recruiting assistance on and that time should be "ok" on its own, right? i assume from your reply that there's no other way to edit the team strategy settings for cpu-controlled coaches
Old 08-23-2006, 04:17 AM   #4
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

Great idea! I never thought of that, but I will definitely be doing this at the end of my seasons now. I hate being the only team that moves conferences. Now I won't be.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #5
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
thanks for the input, it's good to hear... now i could just leave the created coach and just auto-reorder depth chart and leave recruiting assistance on and that time should be "ok" on its own, right? i assume from your reply that there's no other way to edit the team strategy settings for cpu-controlled coaches
I suppose you could, but I think its just too much work. If you leave the created coach, then you'd have to do in season recruiting as well. If not, that team would get 0 players in season every year. What happens is as soon as you delete the created coach, the team picks up another random coach from a IAA school and the team runs that coaches offense and defense.

I have tested it to the max this year, but last year you could only create 10 or 12 coaches. So you had to delete the coaches of teams that got invites to try and get other teams in anyway.

I remember one time I had Ole Miss get kicked out of the SEC west. They moved to a lower conference and started dominating. They then got an invite back to the SEC, but this time to the SEC East.

It adds to the fun factor for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

this is what to do. play through the season with your team. don't advance to off season. pick the worst bcs teams or teams that were really bad and might would get removed from their conference. they don't have to be bcs if your trying to move up say a sunbelt into usa or a similar situation. these teams will get new coach's and styles and probaly need it to change things up. advance to off season and maybe one or two at most a year will get booted and the computer will pick its replacement. you won't have as much sucsess as picking really good lower conference teams but one or two is pretty good and you won't lose good coach's this way. you need to save after picking your teams and you might have to do it over and over before it works but when you get what you want and when you do delete the coaches and save. that's it. it's worked this way for years and still does. after about 10 years you will have about 7-12 teams moved around and it keeps things fresh. one more time. don't advance, create coaches, save, advance and pray, no luck load and advance again and you can delete coaches and try others and save and advance, get what you want and delete coaches and save. offseason time. have fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »