Home

Anyone with both Madden and NCAA?

This is a discussion on Anyone with both Madden and NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone with both Madden and NCAA?

If your a football fan, you've gotta go with NCAA. Much better game of football! Atmosphere, pagentry <--spelling) a ton of teams! I love the fact that when I go to Tennessee or Florida and i'm an unranked team and I am beating them in the fourth the crowd starts to chant "OVERRATED!"
Old 08-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #10
Rookie

crd829's Arena

OVR: 2

I have both and im taking Madden back.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:25 PM   #11
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

I have both and i am keeping both, superstar is great, and NCAA dynasty is great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4

everyone keeps saying that madden plays "tighter" in terms of control over players which NCAA could use some improvement on. Is this true-particularly for controlling defensive players and juking on offense
Old 08-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #13
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

i guess it depends on the user. I prefer NCAA over Madden. I feel that I have slightly more control than in Madden. I took my Madden back yesterday, this is for the 360 btw.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #14
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The games are different in style so don't think that NCAA is just Madden with college teams and fight songs either. The sheer number of play styles in the game keeps the game fresh as well. I felt I was playing the same team every game in Madden which gets old quick. Some teams were better but each team really lacks the personality that NCAA has.
This is a great point.

I have been playing both titles for years, and I love them both, but NCAA just captures the realism of the team your playing against more so than Madden.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

a little off topic, but for the two guys that said they were returning madden???? i take it you played it? if so, where on earth did you get it from, cause i was under the impression, once u open a game, CD, DVD, you weren't able to take it back only exchange for same copy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #16
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree and have always been a big NFL fan and am just coming around to the college game. The presentation in Madden is the worst presentation of any major sports title and yet it is also the number one selling game. I just don't get why they haven't upgraded it. Presentation and atmosphere are big for me so I like NCAA a lot more.

The games are different in style so don't think that NCAA is just Madden with college teams and fight songs either. The sheer number of play styles in the game keeps the game fresh as well. I felt I was playing the same team every game in Madden which gets old quick. Some teams were better but each team really lacks the personality that NCAA has.
I agree with everything you've said... especially on the current gen. This is why I was in the same boat as you as far as current gen football games. Madden was stale and boring... and the biggest thing was "feeling like you were playing the same team" only difference may have been one team had better players than the other. NCAA on the other hand had the atmosphere, better presentation (not 2K quality though), and so many different teams with different styles of play.

Unfortunately, EA still has some work to do in the next gen version. I'm seeing too many of the same plays in both NCAA and Madden. And I'm seeing too many of the same plays for every team within NCAA itself. NCAA on next gen needs to implement more of the team specific plays and formations like the current gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »