Home

How Bout Some Uniforms?

This is a discussion on How Bout Some Uniforms? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #25
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: How Bout Some Uniforms?

I don't really care too much about uniforms because I will never wear Notre Dame's green jerseys because we lose EVERY freaking time those things are worn. However, I would like alternate uniforms for my opponents. Also, are there really no helmet stickers on next gen NCAA? I never noticed because I play as Notre Dame. If they left that out that sucks.

Next year, I want a FULL feature set, not excuses. I want patches on the jerseys for bowl games for sure and team specific endzones for bowl games, not these generic logos in each endzone. Talk about lazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I don't really care too much about uniforms because I will never wear Notre Dame's green jerseys because we lose EVERY freaking time those things are worn. However, I would like alternate uniforms for my opponents. Also, are there really no helmet stickers on next gen NCAA? I never noticed because I play as Notre Dame. If they left that out that sucks.

Next year, I want a FULL feature set, not excuses. I want patches on the jerseys for bowl games for sure and team specific endzones for bowl games, not these generic logos in each endzone. Talk about lazy.
Yeah, when I bought the 360 on opening day..I really thought that we were going to see things we 've never seen. But with the release of madden 06, I was like "ok, it's there first year..give them a break". But now with the 07 games..next gen sports for football anyway, have been nothing but disappointing. I just thought next gen meant everything current gen plus more! All we gotten was just nicer graphics. Not even leaps and bounds over what nfl 2k5 offered.

Now EA makes it's fans wait for things that current gen already have in there games. I really don't understand the logic.

Yeah uniforms might not be a big deal to some people and editing players (in Madden) but why not add it in there. Why wait each year and add something that was already a staple in the game.

I keep hearing "those guys at EA are football gaming fans and whatnot, but we can't even get a simple reply to tell us what a patch that we downloaded did or a date on when we can download uniforms? I wish someone could explain it to me.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

What's funny is that based on the NHL 07 demo, the alternate uniforms will be available in the game. Of course, EA has competition in hockey and basketball. My point is that without any competition in both college and pro football, EA can dictate all the terms. I would be willing to bet my life savings that if 2K was still making football games, EA wouldn't be pulling this shi@# with the alt uniforms.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #28
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill
What's funny is that based on the NHL 07 demo, the alternate uniforms will be available in the game. Of course, EA has competition in hockey and basketball. My point is that without any competition in both college and pro football, EA can dictate all the terms. I would be willing to bet my life savings that if 2K was still making football games, EA wouldn't be pulling this shi@# with the alt uniforms.

Great point. Competition is great. Exclusivity sucks.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd90XB
Great point. Competition is great. Exclusivity sucks.

Amen to that! We are suffering because of that right now.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 28

I would like the alternate uniforms. It's "In the game", right? But I guess not the 360 version....

I just am astounded that next-gen games get the shaft....Not acceptable!!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #31
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Out of curiousity, as opposed to *****ing about it incessantly on message boards and forums, has anybody CALLED or E-MAILED EA about this? Grow a pair and call the customer service number if it's bothering you so damn much. Yeah, they should have been available out-of-box, but @&$#, do something about it instead of circle jerking it on OS!

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 11:28 PM   #32
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Out of curiosity............ why are you "mr grumpy gills?"? Just doesn't seem to fit. You seem happy & pleasant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »