Home

New Patch on XBL for 360

This is a discussion on New Patch on XBL for 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #25
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: New Patch on XBL for 360

dont hold me to this but i think the patch was to fix the severs. the severs went very fast and the gameplay was not slow like it was when it came out.

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 12:23 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
You guys are freakin' me out. I will not go online with NCAA until I find out if this is causing the 360 to crash. I'm on my second one right now and don't want that ish to happen again.
NXT, it has nothing to do with online play. The game crashed two different 360's of mine--and not once did I connected to Xbox Live. It's a conflict between some 360's and EA's software--wicked stuff. The BS thing is, I told Microsoft that this was the problem on the first one, and what happens? Two weeks later I get my "repaired" 360 back, pop in NCAA for about an half-hour, turn it off, go to start it again: BAM, get the red light of death and my second 360 is done.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:32 AM   #27
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
NXT, it has nothing to do with online play. The game crashed two different 360's of mine--and not once did I connected to Xbox Live. It's a conflict between some 360's and EA's software--wicked stuff. The BS thing is, I told Microsoft that this was the problem on the first one, and what happens? Two weeks later I get my "repaired" 360 back, pop in NCAA for about an half-hour, turn it off, go to start it again: BAM, get the red light of death and my second 360 is done.

Thanks for your response. My 360 has been running fine with NCAA from the beginning (knock on wood). The reason why I don't want to go online with NCAA in my 360 is because they said this new patch automatically downloads if you're logged into XBOX Live, and I don't want to log onto XBOX Live and have this new patch automatically download onto my 360 if this is what's causing the system crash.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:43 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Thanks for your response. My 360 has been running fine with NCAA from the beginning (knock on wood). The reason why I don't want to go online with NCAA in my 360 is because they said this new patch automatically downloads if you're logged into XBOX Live, and I don't want to log onto XBOX Live and have this new patch automatically download onto my 360 if this is what's causing the system crash.

NXT, this patch (whatever it is) isn't the culprit, nor is online play itself. If you have a NCAA hating 360, it will crash regardless of online play. Trust me, I'm soon to be on my THIRD 360. So don't let this stop you from going online.

Last edited by SemperVictoria; 08-25-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:48 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

All I know is since I downloaded this NCAA patch, I've had one game were my system just shut down in the middle of a play into the red lights and now one game where it freezes with 40 seconds left in the game. Really frustrating, I hadn't had a single problem with any 360 game until this patch.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronKrazie86
All I know is since I downloaded this NCAA patch, I've had one game were my system just shut down in the middle of a play into the red lights and now one game where it freezes with 40 seconds left in the game. Really frustrating, I hadn't had a single problem with any 360 game until this patch.
It's not the patch. The timing of the crash may lead you to think that--but the problem is with the core system of some 360's and NCAA.

Last edited by SemperVictoria; 08-25-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:33 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

so check it out.....
i download this patch, I am up 22-21 against Michigan less than 2 minutes to go in the game..and what happens?????
the game decides to stop playing and go on a virtual tour of the stadium. In and Out from goal post to sideline, like its paused or in between quarters or end of the game or something. I dont know if this what the rest of you have been refering to as "freezing" but something is going goofy with the game as we speak.
Anyone else have this happen to them mid game?
This is the kind of stuff that is just a backbreaker for me.
I will sit and think "when is the next time this is gonna happen?".
It totally sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 04:01 AM   #32
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapsack
so check it out.....
i download this patch, I am up 22-21 against Michigan less than 2 minutes to go in the game..and what happens?????
the game decides to stop playing and go on a virtual tour of the stadium. In and Out from goal post to sideline, like its paused or in between quarters or end of the game or something. I dont know if this what the rest of you have been refering to as "freezing" but something is going goofy with the game as we speak.
Anyone else have this happen to them mid game?
This is the kind of stuff that is just a backbreaker for me.
I will sit and think "when is the next time this is gonna happen?".
It totally sucks.
This happened to me once, and I've played this game a lot so I'm not worried.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »