Home

Frustrating on Heisman...

This is a discussion on Frustrating on Heisman... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #9

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Frustrating on Heisman...

There is no such thing as Heisman being realistic or not...its all a matter of skill level. Not trying to toot my own horn here, believe me I am not that kind of guy.

I am 6-3 in my first year with Duke with CPU Def awareness, tackling, and knockdown sliders all up to 99% on Heisman level. Again I dont want it to sound like I am bragging because I am not; I just want to make a point.

Just like Heisman is the most realistic for me, junior varsity is the most "realistic" for my 5 year old.

Its all skill level. I am sure there are people that I can beat 100-0 and there are people who could beat me 100-0.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

The only difference I see in these "difficulity" level is that the the computer moves faster and makes less mistakes the higher up you go, which isn't really more challenging than it is cheap. Making running back with 85 speed blow by my 90+ speed cornerbacks is not challenging. Making quarterbacks with 78 accuracy throw laser darts between 5 defenders on a consistent basis is not challenging. Making my recievers drop 25% of all of their passes is not challenging.

Challenging would be if the cpu called a smarter game, made smarter reads with there throws, and actually got the challeng play's right. Instead i have to watch the ball pass through my skull so the cpu can convert 3 and long, know they are going to run the draw but be powerless to stop there 82 rated running back from trampleing all my linebackers at once, and watch a challenge play where the guys entire body is out of bonds and yet somehow the play still stands.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #11
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Heisman is just such a lame level to play on because the CPU cheating or whatever you want to call it, it painfully obvious. CPU breaks blocks and tackles way to easily on Heisman and your team gets the exact opposite treatment. I think there needs to be some slider adj to make the games better - it is just to bad EA doesn't make a better set of default ones for the various skill levels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Decided to start my dynasty on Heisman (default sliders). And, after three games, I'm really enjoying it. Maybe I've just gotten better in the last week, but so far in my dynasty it's played pretty fairly. I think I've been converted.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:19 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

the thing is on Heisman, the computer cheeses.

It breaks tackles it shouldn't, makes catches and plays on the ball when it's completely out of position. Makes amazing defensive stops and 3rd down conversions...

Compound that with the effects of HFA and momentum and it turns into a horribly frustrating game experience.

The one plus about heisman though, is when you DO beat a highly ranked CPU team, it's that much sweeter and you actually feel like you accomplished something.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:50 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6

i think hiesman is too easy especially if u r a powerhouse. they have to give the cpu some advantages bc the ai isn't as smart as us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »