Home

WTF moments in ncaa

This is a discussion on WTF moments in ncaa within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WTF moments in ncaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
I really don't see why some people think I'm making this stuff up. I mean lets look at some of the facts about this game here. 1. It is not uncommon to have 10 Total turnovers every time you play. 2. You can take a wr with 90 speed, turn him into a cornerback, and his speed might go down to the 70's. It's happened to me a handful of times and somebody else complained about it on the forums as well. 3. You can have a 99 rated player and the cpu might not designate him an impact player. 4. They still haven't fixed the roughing the passer glitch where you sack the qb...and then get called for roughing the passer. 5. You can challenge plays that are clearly wrong and it still will not be overturned. Example, a reciever catches the ball completely out of bounds yet after you challenge the play still stands. 6. Sometimes lossing a challenge results in your players overall rating dropping up to 30 points. Where's the logic in that? All of these things are way, way more illogical than anything i posted. and this stuff was programmed into the game, not just random happenings like the things I stated. The pancake thing is very high, but anybody who played the game last year knows that if you set the minutes high enough (10 or more) every one of your linemen will get 100 pancakes before the conference championships. The entire heisman thing is completely flawed and seems to just pick a person at random. I've had seasons where my running back led the league in rushing... but didn't win the best running back award. Ditto with QB's and recievers. Steve Breaston led the nation in catches and receiving touchdowns but never got higher than 5th for best reciever and in the end wasn't even a 2nd team all american. He also had the 3rd most combined return yards in the nation but was never even on the list for best returner. Right now 7 games into my Ga Tech season Quinn is the front runner for the heisman, yet my quarterback reggie ball has more yards, touchdowns, higher completion rate, and a better quarterback rating, but isn't even one of the candidates. I'm also willing to bet that this has happened to everybody else at least once in some way, shape, or form. So if it can't get this logical step correct, who's to say something dumb can't happen like...i don't know a OL winning the heisman. But of course I have nothing to do but sit around here and create fake stories about this game...that would explain everything...
I am now even dumber for reading another one of your post.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Only thing I have a problem with is 5-7 teams going to bowls. Why can't EA fix this? It would never happen in real life, never!!!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:13 PM   #11
Rookie

dawgdan7280's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
Oh yeah he had cornrolls, a little fat white guy with cornrolls...
I had cornrolls once too. Not bad with a little butter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2006, 03:29 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdan7280
I had cornrolls once too. Not bad with a little butter.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:38 PM   #13
MVP

DrDoom77's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm currently experiencing a WTF moment, so I had to resurrect this thread. I'm in my 4th season as Southeast Missouri State, playing at home against Louisiana-Lafayette on a nice, sunny afternoon in mid-October. I use 7 minute quarters. It's a fairly important game for me, as it'll likely be a key game in determining whether I make my first bowl game in this dynasty. Anyway, 3 plays into the game, I lost my #1 receiver to injury. Crappy luck, but I ended up punting and hoping it was nothing serious. Unfortunately, it turned out to be moderately serious, and he'll be out 4 weeks. Sucks, but not a WTF moment yet.

A few plays later, I lost my top DE to injury. When I got the ball back again, I also lost my #3 WR to injury, with an injured elbow. I was starting to get upset, but my DE reappeared after I punted again, and my #3 WR came back shortly after that. So, not a big deal.

Back on offense again, my starting QB was sacked for a safety. This play also injured him, as he writhed on the ground with back spasms. That was injury #4 for the first half, and I was starting to get pretty annoyed by this point. My annoyance resulted in my flubbing the freekick, but they ended up fumbling, so it worked out ok.

Still in the first half, with time dwindling, I started to move the ball through the air with the backup QB. And that's when my #2 WR went down with an injury, clutching his elbow. The very next play, my #3 WR went down with his second injury of the game, with the very popular "clutching of the elbow" pose. Those were injuries #5 and #6 of the half, and I was really getting steamed. My mood wasn't helped when I found out that the #3 WR, a senior, had broken his elbow and was gone for the year.

I was now down to one decent receiver (my #4 WR) and a bunch of decoys. Despite being at a severe disadvantage, I completed several passes to the #4 WR and remained hopeful that my homefield advantage would be enough to bail me out. And then, after a reception up the middle, my #4 WR injured his chest.

WTF??!?! ALL 4 OF MY STARTING WR'S ARE HURT IN A SINGLE HALF?! 7 INJURIES TOTAL IN ONE HALF?!

I'd only had one minor injury all year coming into this game. I swear, the other team is doing this on purpose. I'm going to tell my guys to start going for their eyes.

Edit -- Just got word on the chest injury. Torn pectoral, out for 11 weeks, which essentially ends his season. Three of my starting WR's gone for multiple games in the first half. Unreal.

Last edited by DrDoom77; 01-05-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #14
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_n_grey
Only thing I have a problem with is 5-7 teams going to bowls. Why can't EA fix this? It would never happen in real life, never!!!!!
THIS ISN'T A JOKE!!! I had a season in which 4-8 Arizona State, yes I said 4-8 Arizona State made a bowl. The PAC-10 had a lousy year in that particular season and they were like the 5th place team or something, so they got a bid to play in whatever bowl the 5th place team goes to.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #15
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom77
WTF??!?! ALL 4 OF MY STARTING WR'S ARE HURT IN A SINGLE HALF?! 7 INJURIES TOTAL IN ONE HALF?!
I've never even seen close to 7 injuries in a game, let alone in one half (on PS2)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
THIS ISN'T A JOKE!!! I had a season in which 4-8 Arizona State, yes I said 4-8 Arizona State made a bowl. The PAC-10 had a lousy year in that particular season and they were like the 5th place team or something, so they got a bid to play in whatever bowl the 5th place team goes to.
Well I've seen even worse in my Arizona State dynasty. Arizona went 4-8 and went to a bowl game even though they finished dead last in the Pac-10. They went to a bowl game while the 7-9th place teams (with better records) were stuck at home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #16
MVP

DrDoom77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmus
I've never even seen close to 7 injuries in a game, let alone in one half (on PS2)!
Yeah, I was on the PS2 also. I ended up winning the game, though, so that made me feel better. I even sacked their QB for a safety at the end, like the cherry on top of sundae.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »