Home

Things that make you restart games

This is a discussion on Things that make you restart games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2006, 03:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Things that make you restart games

Mine...dropped passes from 90 rated wr's and above...frequently and in clutch situations
fumbles out of the blue to give cpu huge momentum..

I really hate restarting, but sometimes the cpu just gets away with way too much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 03:44 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Things that make you restart games

Turning the ball over to much. Usually four straight will make me reset

Ungodly cpu ability. 77 rated recievers catching everything one handed. 82 rated running backs with 87 speed burning off on my cornerbacks, 72 rated cornerbacks shutting down my 98 rated impact player reciever.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just had a game 5 sc vs me (#7 Oregon at their place....they had one huge rd down conversion where their wr went up and caught al ong ball inbetween two 90 rated db's..my back to back defending heisman winning wr was dropping touchdowns..i had 7 total drops to their one..I mean they are all upperclassmen and rated well, what gives with the drops? SO i restarted and played a helluva game but still almost lost after they scored, the next okay I did hb drect with 98 hb and he fumbles off one of those lb big hits with , not even to the ball side mind you and house it, but luckily I found a way to score. Teams like SC always seem to have the cpu edge..i love close games but damn make them semi fair.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:46 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

1. Being a sore loser
2. Being under the age of 13
3. Super desire to be a National Champion even if it takes 50 tries in a season
4. Not being able to understand it goes both ways
5. Refusing to accept upsets and strange things happen in sports

I know that there are times when I get ticked off over things that shouldn't happen. However, just because they shouldn't happen doesn't mean they should never happen in a game. Players have good and bad games in real life. Teams have good and bad games. That's why we love sports because the outcome isn't predetermined. The moment you hit the reset button, you have predetermined the outcome.

You shelled out the money for the game so you can do whatever you like but under no circumstances do I feel restarting a game is justified for me.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:46 AM   #5
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I've only restarted one game so far in '07, it was at Ohio State in my Penn State dynasty when they got 5 consecutive sacks where they pancaked my O-Linemen and just strolled in for the sack. There was nothing I could do. BTW, I mixed in two runs in there too, it's not like I just called five straight passing plays so they knew to blitz every time.

And I fumbled on both of the possessions and they recovered, they took the second one back for a TD, which is when I shut my Xbox off.

Also, it was 21-21 in the 4th quarter with neutral momentum. But EA basically decided to let OSU win at that point in time.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Yeah, restarting a game because things aren't going the way you want them to is pretty damn lame. I remember I had a buddy who would get up and hit reset on his NES if my Bills were whooping his Cowboys on Tecmo Super Bowl. I didn't play against him many more times after that.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #7
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I only restart if I get the -39 and -28 or -100000 off of all my offensive players after a overturned replay. It's lame and doesn't even fit with the reality of momentum or whatever.

One overturned play doesnt make all your players suck like when this happens. However, since it doesnt happen every time, it makes it obviously a glitch.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't reset either. I haven't had to on NCAA but Madden on All-Madden is jacked up. 2 games into the season I am 0-2. Here are how I lost the games. With a minute left in the 4th and trailing 14-10 I marched down the field on a very well played and hard drive. I score to take the lead 17-14 with 11 seconds left. On the ensuing kickoff I squib kick it they run it all the way back and retake the lead 21-17 with 1 sec left. Game Over.

Game #2
I am dominating the game up 14-0 and later 21-7. They make a comeback in the 4th, Cutting the lead down to 28-21 with about 3 minutes to go. So I go on a long time consuming drive and kick a FG with about a minute left in the game, now leaading 31-21. Thinking game over right...not. The CPU takes it down field and gets a TD with about 11 secs left, score now is 31-28. I line up for the onsides kick return but wait....they are kicking away. I field the kickoff and gain a few yards and then decide to try and get out of bounds. They get to me first and barely even touch me, my guy fumbles (But didn't fall down), I try picking it up but there are already 7-8 guys around. They pick it up and run it in with 2 secs left on the clock. game over 35-31. I lost, Game Over.

I am not quite ready to give up on all-madden but losing games like that really sux.

Last edited by jeffhamm; 08-30-2006 at 10:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »