Home

Just want to whine a bit

This is a discussion on Just want to whine a bit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2006, 02:14 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Just want to whine a bit

1) I like the new kick meter, but they made it way to easy this year for both the user and the cpu. I'm on the 360 and I think I've only seen 1 or 2 misses by the cpu that weren't because of being short. I think the culprit for this is that since this is the first year of this new kicking system, they didn't want to make it too hard for the users and alienate tons of people, so they made it pretty easy. Unfortunately, it has made the kickers practically automatic on attemps inside of 40 yards. And this is with the cpu Kick Accuracy slider at 0. With the right sliders, I had very realistic cpu kick accuracy in the past few versions. Sucks to have it screwed again now.

2) I think helmets only fly off on the regular XBox version. I never saw it on the PS2 until I switched to XBox a couple of years ago and it flies off like crazy in that version. I haven't seen it once yet this year on the 360.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:17 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

(XBOX) My complaints.

1. Why does my LT with a 95 OVR getting bulled over time after time.

2. I stop the defense on 1st and 2nd downs only for them to complete a pass on 3rd and 16 into triple coverage.

Playing defense on this game sucks! I have Awareness set at 99% and I still have my LBs standing around. The horrible defensive play is what is going to make me quit playing this game. I think last years game was way better.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:45 PM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa55
(XBOX) My complaints.

1. Why does my LT with a 95 OVR getting bulled over time after time.

2. I stop the defense on 1st and 2nd downs only for them to complete a pass on 3rd and 16 into triple coverage.

Playing defense on this game sucks! I have Awareness set at 99% and I still have my LBs standing around. The horrible defensive play is what is going to make me quit playing this game. I think last years game was way better.
Are you playing on Heisman level? I reduce my awareness since I think the CPU offense needs help on AA. Heisman also leads to good human lineman spending time on their backs. I like playing defense in this game myself.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:46 PM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
1) I like the new kick meter, but they made it way to easy this year for both the user and the cpu. I'm on the 360 and I think I've only seen 1 or 2 misses by the cpu that weren't because of being short. I think the culprit for this is that since this is the first year of this new kicking system, they didn't want to make it too hard for the users and alienate tons of people, so they made it pretty easy. Unfortunately, it has made the kickers practically automatic on attemps inside of 40 yards. And this is with the cpu Kick Accuracy slider at 0. With the right sliders, I had very realistic cpu kick accuracy in the past few versions. Sucks to have it screwed again now.
I think they just didn't have time to get the bugs out of the new kicking system and didn't want to put the old one back in. I see the lack of misses as simply bad programming rather than being intentional. If it was intentional, someone needs to be fired.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #21
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa55
(XBOX)

I have had this same complaint with EA games of the past, but I don't seem to be having the problem on '07. I have QB and WR down at 20 in the sliders, and Knockdowns up around 99. I also have pursuit set pretty low. So there is some breathing room on the field, but I don't see many catches in triple coverage, and I see some errant passes (which I find realistic).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I don't think hemelts pop off on the 360 either. I haven't seen one yet.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:52 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am Getting a little ticked myself.I have had to stop and start my South Carliona/Miss State game in my dynasty over 3 TIMES!.I love this game but 4 ints and 5 fumbles is just a little bit overwhemling.i have my Int slider at 0 and my knockdowns at 80 .is it just me or is that not helping?.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Just had a game in a dome where there were 7 total fumbles. I lost 3 in the redzone...some how my controller survived the ordeal. EA definatley choked on this aspect of the game. Still enough good things to save it, but it definately seems like they got Kush to do the testing for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »