Home

Recruiting too easy?

This is a discussion on Recruiting too easy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Recruiting too easy?

It does seem a bit harder on the PS2 this year although I'm not used to recruiting with a bad team anymore. Its still too easy but in some ways that's what most people want. They want to take a mediocre or bad team and build them up to win a national championship. I have taken Wake Forest and hope to win a championship in 5 years. This wouldn't happen in reality so in some ways, easy recruiting is a good thing.

Its more of a problem when you start with a great team and become even more dominant. Also, if you like staying the same team all the time, your team is likely to become so good that most games become boring unless you play with the sliders. You can make it tougher by turning of recruiting assistance since that is supposed to make it harder in finding interested prospects.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:17 AM   #10
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I've been through two recruiting classes at Wisconsin and I've cracked the top 10 at least once. The most people in a class was 16. I swear there is no effing talent in Wisconsin. Almost everything from my team is out of state (thank you Ohio pipeline).

My Video Game Streams
Old 09-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #11
Rookie

terpinheelland's Arena

OVR: 4

Recruiting on the 360 for me is very challenging to say the least. Won the NC back to back w/ Maryland and had top 5 classes but no more than 4 five* players but mostly four*.

I lose players to PSU,WVU,Florida 3,Va Tech.

I like that some years there are really good players coming out of Md, then the next year the cupboard is bare. It seems like nothing comes out of DC and Delaware.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #12
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Comming off a 14-0 season with Southern Miss (360, and no nation championship.) I just had my best recruiting class. Ranked 5th nationally. I had only 2 5*, 4 4* the rest of the class were 3,2 and 1*'s I pulled in 24 kids and of the players I tergeted in week one only 2 went to other schools. To jump on wht was said earlier, it is hard to recruit in the Southeast. There are so many big schools that swoop in and can take some of your targets.

I do think that the recruiting system on the 360 makes recruiting more of a challenge and more rewarding which leads to it being more fun. Luckily for me my pipeline states are La, MS, GA and, FL. Lots of deep talent pools from which to draw talent.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #13
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

To add on to recruiting being more rewarding, it seems like it's just so hard to leave a school after you brought in that one prized recruit and have to watch him develop under CPU control.

My Video Game Streams
Old 09-03-2006, 09:20 AM   #14
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

It's definitely too easy on the xbox. It seems like I can land most of the guys I target. It's more of a pick and choose than actual recruiting. Of course I still haven't won a championship so I won't get bored recruiting studs until I can win it all. Until then, I need them.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:33 PM   #15
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
It's definitely too easy on the xbox. It seems like I can land most of the guys I target. It's more of a pick and choose than actual recruiting. Of course I still haven't won a championship so I won't get bored recruiting studs until I can win it all. Until then, I need them.
Exactly my problem. Playing with a Texas team probably adds to this issue seeing as how many good recruits are from Texas. I suppose my next Dynasty will either be a 1 star program or a 1-AA school.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »