Home

Struggling to build a dynasty

This is a discussion on Struggling to build a dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #25
Rookie

BlueCane's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Struggling to build a dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcooper47
maybe you should check your sliders...Southern Miss is nowhere near good enough to do that...they always lose big games (take it from a Miss. resident)
Im very aware of that! Its been truly interesting in my dynasty. Ive had uncanny luck with the CPU turning the ball over at critical times. For example in year 1, a game winning touchdown pass thrown by UAB was called back for holding. On the next play their QB throws an int. Currently Im leading the nation in takeaways. Im pretty sound (QB has 1 int and Ive lost 3 fumbles all year) offensively so that helps a lot. Most of my games have been close with the scores usually in the high teens. I play a bend but dont break style on defense because my corners are not very good. I have recruited well so things are looking up. I attribute my success with getting turnovers and NOT turning it over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #26
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

San Jose State dynasty=Run, Run, Run with Yonus Davis. 6-6 in season one and 2-3 in season two.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I had great luck in my first year with Wake Forest as well en route to 12-2. In my third year, I have won 5 straight now to sit at 8-3 with Arkansas State (B-) on the road so I should end up 9-3. No ACC Championship but I'm very happy after starting out 3-3.

Just absolutely stole won in Miami this morning (off sick, cough, cough). I was only losing 14-7 at the half despite my QB throwing for 5 yards and them having almost 300 yards of offense. One long run by my HB was my only score but he ended up having a very good day. They gambled on 4th down a couple times and blew it. They had a crucial pick as well. Didn't hurt that I knocked their QB out of the game in the first quarter but man I had no business winning that game. Was down 20-7 going into the 4th quarter and scored 2 TDs. They blocked my 2nd extra point and I thought I was doomed but they were called for offsides on the play!! Retry was good! I ended up punching in a late TD as they went for it on 4th down deep in their territory to win 28-20 but I feel very lucky. I was almost scared to score since I wanted to run more time off but I had the ball on their 3 and couldn't kill the clock completely either.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:40 PM   #28
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

Year 5 in the second stint with my created school and I really thought that this would be the year. We are a 4 star prestige now and B-'s in everything. I thought that I built a legitimate, but not too difficult schedule to maybe get us top 10 and a BCS conference invite.....well, the whole thing went to crap.

I lost both of, what I thought were winnable games against ranked opponents, 17-10 @ TCU and 27-10 v. Rice. Then I go and lose one of those crappy MAC games I have referred to before, 22-20, on a last second field goal @ Central Michigan. Now I sit at 3-3 and BCS conference dreams are dashed for this year. I guess we will try again next year......I love this game!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #29
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

San Diego state does have the coolest Uni's in college and they're home field is incredible...they are my rivals with UNLV and in Yr 1 when we went to play them I saw the aerial view of their stadium and I almost wanted to start over and use them...after my 11-2 first season that culminated with a win over Oregon in some lesser bowl 4 underclassmen defensive players left and my recruiting was crap...every decent recruit had me going up against USC & UCLA...no way I could compete with them...I was able to lure 3 good Olinemen but no skill players...I did however return almost all of my offense so I can understand why I had trouble recruiting offense a lil but still.....In Yr 2 im 4-2 with big losses to USC & Hawaii...times are gonna get tuff becuz my QB dislocated his elbow and is out for basically the yr...
Old 10-24-2006, 12:31 PM   #30
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by got spurrier?
I played with Kansas and had very succesful years but i couldn't get over the hump couldn't beat texas, oklahoma, or nebraska...it frustrated me but it developed good storylines and kept me recruiting hard and stuff i simulate most games...the worst mistake i made was accepting the fsu job that won a lot made my dynasty no fun and now im gonna start a dynasty with Tulane to try and build my prestige then take a mediocre BCS job...thats how i have fun on the game.
Its a lot more fun playing with an average team or above average team than a great one since most games are boring when you are too good. Just got beat at home by Oklahoma State 40-14 in my home opener in year 5. I'm an A- team now but its fun since I still have holes and am still struggling to land top notch recruits. Only one Top Ten recruiting class in four years. I'm frustrated in that I don't know when this team will be good enough to win it all yet when my team gets that good, the game won't be as fun. I'll leave to the SEC when that happens.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:22 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can anyone tell me how long a dynasty can go on? I'm on year 30 at Wake Forest and wondering when I'll be put out to pasture.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #32
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

what is everyone goal when playing dynasty?? mine is to find a lower ranked school, and build them up and get them (or me) moved to a better situation,I try to avoid schools in the big 3 (texas, california, and florida) seems to easy to build a quality program in those states, but i like the challenge of taking a middle of the road mid-major and making them more than respectable, I have long ago determined that you cant win a national championship in a non-major conference, but i like playing in those, and building up my name and getting a invite from a formerly top school, I only take invites from former powers that are 3 stars or lower, and try to bring them back, it seems to easy to take a top 25 team and win in the beginning, I like to catch them while they are down and bring them back, kind of like spurrier did with the gators in the early 90's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »