Home

In-season recruiting player rankings

This is a discussion on In-season recruiting player rankings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
In-season recruiting player rankings

This past season I picked up three or four recruits in season. What was weird was that they were all 4-star players and a couple of them were labeled as #1 overall for that position. How come they weren't 5 stars? Were they just labeled #1 overall for the players available during in-season recruiting? When I got to the offseason recruiting, there were plenty of 5 star athletes way more talented than the in-season ones that were ranked #1. I'm on probation right now, and I wish I hadn't wasted my fewer scholarships on lesser quality in-season recruits, when I could have waited until the offseason when there was a higher quality of players.

I guess this post is more of an observation than a question, I just wish these in-season recruits weren't ranked as the #1 in their position when clearly they aren't when I see the offseason recruits.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: In-season recruiting player rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
This past season I picked up three or four recruits in season. What was weird was that they were all 4-star players and a couple of them were labeled as #1 overall for that position. How come they weren't 5 stars? Were they just labeled #1 overall for the players available during in-season recruiting? When I got to the offseason recruiting, there were plenty of 5 star athletes way more talented than the in-season ones that were ranked #1. I'm on probation right now, and I wish I hadn't wasted my fewer scholarships on lesser quality in-season recruits, when I could have waited until the offseason when there was a higher quality of players.

I guess this post is more of an observation than a question, I just wish these in-season recruits weren't ranked as the #1 in their position when clearly they aren't when I see the offseason recruits.
Maybe they were ranked #1 at their position for in season recruits.

BTW, waiting for the off season may not be good for you, since you are on probation, recruits my steer clear of your school because of it.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:27 PM   #3
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMIHEMMY
Maybe they were ranked #1 at their position for in season recruits.

BTW, waiting for the off season may not be good for you, since you are on probation, recruits my steer clear of your school because of it.
I've gone through both of my probation offseasons now, I was surprised to see that recruits really didn't seem to stay away. If they did, I didn't notice it, I don't really go that indepth to my recruiting though.

I guess I understand why the in-season recruits show up as #1 in their position even though they aren't when it gets to the offseason. I think it would be better if you got an initial ratings increase for these in-season guys or something though, it would give you some benefit for signing these guys early before the top recruits hit the market.

Atlanta Braves
Old 09-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:

What were their overalls ... Just curious because I have yet to finish a season lol and this will be my first time recruiting
Old 09-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
What were their overalls ... Just curious because I have yet to finish a season lol and this will be my first time recruiting
I don't remember exactly, but for instance I picked up in-season the #1 ranked WR in the nation. In the offseason I picked up the #1 ranked WR as well. The one in the offseason was a 5-star player and I think his ranking the next season was an 80. The guy I picked up in-season was a 4-star, but ranked as the top WR, and I think his rating at the start of the next year was around 74-78.

Atlanta Braves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
I don't remember exactly, but for instance I picked up in-season the #1 ranked WR in the nation. In the offseason I picked up the #1 ranked WR as well. The one in the offseason was a 5-star player and I think his ranking the next season was an 80. The guy I picked up in-season was a 4-star, but ranked as the top WR, and I think his rating at the start of the next year was around 74-78.
Oh ok.. Cause next yr ima need some new players, *good ones* badddd lol
Old 09-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
When you are in off-season recruiting (OSR), check your ISR's on the "current targets" screen. You will see their true ranking based upon all the players entering college. The rankings can be very different, as you stated.

The 4****, 5***** caliber ratings are general, based on varying factors that the game's programmers thought might be important. You should figure out what is important to you about each position, and then you can just use the star ratings as a rough guideline. For example, I recruited a 3*** QB who was A+ for AWR, THP, & THA. He ended up being the best QB I have ever had. The CPU must have rated him low, because he was slow.

guitarchtitect on vg sports NCAA forum has a thread that is attempting to determine the best ratings for players at each position, regardless of the star system. I will try to give a link to that thead later.

Last edited by JimOttoFan; 09-12-2006 at 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #8
Rookie

mierk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOttoFan
When you are in off-season recruiting (OSR), check your ISR's on the "current targets" screen. You will see their true ranking based upon all the players entering college. The rankings can be very different, as you stated.

The 4****, 5***** caliber ratings are general, based on varying factors that the game's programmers thought might be important. You should figure out what is important to you about each position, and then you can just use the star ratings as a rough guideline. For example, I recruited a 3*** QB who was A+ for AWR, THP, & THA. He ended up being the best QB I have ever had. The CPU must have rated him low, because he was slow.

guitarchtitect on vg sports NCAA forum has a thread that is attempting to determine the best ratings for players at each position, regardless of the star system. I will try to give a link to that thead later.

I'd be interested in seeing that. I always see guys with 3 stars who have good measureables, but I'm figuring there is some reason they are rated so low so I tend not to go after them. I'm thinking during the next offseason I may try and roll the dice on a few of these earlier in the process. Last year I only signed 17 guys cause I went after all higher rated players early on, and by the time I scrolled down lower on the recruiting lists I was too far behind even on the lower rated players to make up any ground. I had a highly ranked class, but I've only got 64 players on the roster which could make a difference in depth down the road. The most frustrating thing is when you throw a ton of points at someone all through the process and he ends up going nowhere at all -- at least if they commit to another school you feel like you got beaten out fair and square.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »