Home

Players leaving

This is a discussion on Players leaving within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2006, 01:54 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Players leaving

Is it just me or is it very difficult to get players to come back next year if they declare for the draft? I just won the NC with the vols in my first year and virtually my entire team either graduated or left for the draft. I couldn't keep anybody except for my qb, two linemen and a cornerback (who by the way played nickel this year and didn't have very good stats so it really made no sense for him to declare for the draft in his junior year). And do college players still have to be at least juniors to enter the draft in real life or did they change that rule, because i always get sophomores (rs and true) leaving my teams, like my running back that won the heisman and a backup linemen who had 12 pancakes (which i don't think qualifies him for the nfl draft)

I've also noticed that after the first year the same players don't always get drafted. I was looking through other teams to see who was getting drafted and when I got to ND...you guessed it, Brady Quinn just graduated, even though he threw for over 4000 yards and 51 touchdowns passes. I've also seen adrian peterson and ted ginn not get drafted on occasions. In fact the sooners had a weird draft thing going on in my dynasty this year. Adrian got hurt halfway through the year but still rushed for a shade over a thousand so he got drafted.The backup, who rushed for a bit over 800. T and the 3rd string guy who ran for about 400 yards got drafted to. Who on earth would have drafted the 2nd and 3rd string dudes in real life? Troy smith didn't get drafted and neither did that jarred or smith reciever from USC, whichever one is a senior.

Anyway, just some random stuff i was thinking about...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #2
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Players leaving

Adrian Peterson is just a junior this year so he may not have got drafted for that reason. The original depth chart has Demarco Murray as the backup RB, and he's a true freshman. The third string back on the game is Allen Patrick another junior, so I don't know how this could be. Not calling you a liar just haven't seen anything like that happen. Not on any of my dynasties anyway.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:03 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

A player must be three years removed from his high school year to enter the draft. A true sophomore never declares for the draft since its not allowed (I think you are mistaken on that one). Its rare to see a redshirt sophomore declare but my freaking kicker did after my first year. I was able to talk my running back to come back after he wanted to declare but you have to look at the interest meter. If its in the middle, I will make a small pitch. If its clearly on the side of leaving, I let the player leave.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I lost in the NC championship in my first year with Penn State, and I found it very easy to keep all my players(knock on wood). I think there was 3.

They were leaning towards the draft I think, and I didn't use all my points either... because I didn't know if I needed the points towards something else.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I lost in the NC championship in my first year with Penn State, and I found it very easy to keep all my players(knock on wood). I think there was 3.

They were leaning towards the draft I think, and I didn't use all my points either... because I didn't know if I needed the points towards something else.
Those points you use are your week 1 recruiting points. The more you use to convince guys to come back, the less points you have to recruit in week 1 of the off season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

It is sometime tricky. Some guys will bite right away at your 6 point pitch. Some guys give you a 2nd chance and you can either go for the 6 point pitch again or bump it up to 12. Some guys give you one shot, and if you don't use enough points, they're gone. The interest level will give you an idea of where they are leaning, but if you really want to keep a guy, I would use at least 12 points.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #7
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

I know that Seniors are always shown as "Graduated" (regardless of whether they enter the draft). The draft term is only used for underclassmen declaring early.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 09-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

When players leave it never tells you that anyone did get drafted, it lets you know who declared themselves eligible for the draft. Its a no brainer that a Senior would be eligible, thats why it only mentions it when an underclassman does it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »